Paying for 'bug fixes'

michael.barratt

I use several NCH apps, and have been very happy with them. However, having paid full price for the 'Masters' edition of Videopad not all that long ago, I have recently encountered faults in the software that were only rectified by downloading the latest version, whereupon I had to pay AGAIN.  Does anyone else think this is unfair?

Please share with folks here what specific "faults" you are encountering.  Chances are someone has the fix.

There's a six-month free upgrade window from time of purchase.  You should not have to pay again, or pay for an upgrade during that window.

Here is the repository of older versions.  Choose a release that is dated just prior to the expiration of your free update period.  Retain registration info, just in case.

If no version dated within the six-month period solves the problem, contact the company...  https://tinyurl.com/cn5fp52j

I use Videopad to produce music videos at home. Apart from a few minor glitches, it has worked well. However, on my latest production I have encountered problems.

1. On certain (Mp4) clips Videopad sometimes will not recognise applied effects, such as re-size

2.  The app occasionally (for no apparent reason) seems to 're-set', after which all clips are reduced to vertical stripes, requiring a re-start.  3.  The preview plays perfectly, but on export Videopad ignores some clips and effects.

I would add that the latest download seems to have solved these problems, but I wonder if 6 months is a reasonable window?

There's never a mandate to upgrade, but the latest is always available for a test drive, to check out new features.

Good to hear that the latest solved the issues.  If it is beyond the six-month window, which seems a reasonable policy, search the repository as suggested above for a later release that's within the period.  The problem may have been fixed.

Unlike some NLEs, VP is enhanced often.  Though it's tested, glitches can creep in.  Should a problem crop up, outline it here and someone will try to replicate it.  It could be a setting or editing issue.  If a true bug is confirmed, it will be quickly addressed.