Moving multiple clips in Videopad

Genée Heyl

Hi there. I'm trying to move multiple clips and audio files to the right in Videopad to make space for a clip I want to put in that space. I don't want to drag each one individually. I am able to select all of them by clicking on shift and the dragging the mouse so that everything's shaded in blue. But then nothing works. Dragging without clicking shift, ctrl or fn doesn't work. Dragging with clicking shift, ctrl or fn doesn't work. What can I do? So frustrating

Don't swipe.  Select (highlight) each file, using typical Windows methods.  First, place the scrubber (red-line) at the left.

Hold down <ctrl> and click each independently or click the first, then hold down <shift> and click the last - to select them all.  Then drag the clips to the right.

Thanks Borate, but it doesn't work. I want to select a lot of clips on different tracks. I'm attaching 2 videos for you to see.

https://screenrec.com/share/hUi4LG1Sv0?fbclid=IwAR1OFRDlPHIDJ4LmcT7R8u1-u01HB2S_8Rf9vuYTHUHL2eeV8d2Kk5p9opk

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Av3DqdI5E4C7w0U9UN6rHXEQO_ux?e=jklpb1

Edited by Genée Heyl
Added another video

Do not select by swiping.  There should be no blue highlighted area, as that serves another function. (Right-click the blue area for options.)

Select by clicking the clips, as noted above.

If necessary, and it usually isn't, right-click a selected clip and GROUP SELECTED CLIPS.

If audio and video are linked, they will both move in unison, unless first unlinked via the right-click menu on either their video or audio track.

To deselect a specific clip, hold <ctrl> and click that clip.

For protection, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.