Import data from quick books

Socratease

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 10:26 AM, Socratease said:

I have exported my customer list as a csv file when I go to import transaction as the directions state it will not import the csv file "no selection has been made" "Please assign at least one header to the file"  What am I doing wrong???

Format error or data conversion error in database. Try using the modernCSV app

Hello @Socratease, you stated you exported the customer's list as CSV, and the try to import transactions.  The issue here is that your customer's list, will only include the information about your customers, it won't include the transactions linked to the customers.

Sadly, there is no way to transfer all your data from QuickBooks into Express Accounts, because the formats are different. 

If you are able to convert the data to CSV, you should be able to load transactions directly to the journal in Express Accounts. But, you must be sure the data includes the require fields (Journal, Reference, Description, Account, Debit amount and, credit amount).

• 3 weeks later...

Socratease -- I was able to export from QB into Express accounts the following:

Customer list; Vendor list; Items list

There may be a few more you can do.  I was using the latest version of QB 2021.  I am getting off of QB because as of 10/1 they are now going to subscription base only.  Not worth for a small one-person shop.  Best of luck. 

• 10 months later...

Quickbooks is a great accounting software that can help you to keep track of all your financial activities. Here you can check  best assignment writing service and gain information about the study. If you are new to Qb, or have already used it for a while, then this article will help you import your data from quick books into your Excel spreadsheet so that you can see the accounts and transactions easily in your excel file.

If you don't find EA fits your needs, you might try Gnucash (works on a Mac too), or Turbocash, (windows only) both are free and open source.

I use Gnucash as I use a Mac.

Update: This post was marked as spam, which it is not, I was passing on useful information as an EA user that found the limitations of EA annoying and found a better solution - which Gnucash is, and from which NCH software could learn a thing or two.