Confused if VP app is full or my pc memory is full

dee100

Hi,

I finally joined up 6 videos, thanks for your help with that!

The solution was to export the 4 videos then put them into a folder....

It is now a 1 hour 8 min video. VP says my cache is full cannot save my edited work.

Not sure where I must delete, is it VP files to  delete or anything on my pc?

Help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dee

Now, I notice, I cannot open the VP app....

If you cannot open VP, delete cache files manually, using Explorer (Windows file manager).  They are stored here...

"C:\Users\<PC name>\AppData\Local\Temp\VideoPadCache"

That folder usually has a subfolder named VideopadAudioCache.  Delete its files as well.  Then...

Install this version.  Reload your project.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If the issue persists come back here.

Thanks

I think I understand.

i think it is my pc as I deleted some VP files then was ok.

Next day it happened again, then box told me to close windows of websites that were open on pc....so probably have used too much memory on pc....

I put that into Explorer (Windows file manager), says "no results"....

-0-0-

Do you know why my small box where I watch my video to edit, goes still towards end of video only?  I can hear audio but unable to edit  as video not moving...

VP crashed earlier this morning...earlier on in video.  It is a moving video.

Hi

Can you open VideoPad? 

If it opens, don't load anything.

Click Menu/Select Tools/Select Options

Click the Disk tab.

Click Clear Unused Cache Files.    These actions should completely clear the cache. There will now be nothing in VP memory relating to any videos you may have edited or files/images you may have loaded to work on.

If you have not moved/deleted or renamed any clip files/Audio files etc. from your last project and you have Saved or Saved As that project then you will have a .vpj file saved.  Locate that .vpj  file and open it. VP will  now load that project and refill the cache correctly. Wait until it has been fully loaded.

Can you now preview your project?

Nat

If you cannot open Videopad, then searching for "C:\Users\<your PC name>\AppData\Local\Temp\VideoPadCache" with Explorer won't find it.

Instead press the Windows key and the R key together.  In the RUN box at the bottom-left of the screen type %temp%.  Under the subfolder VideoPadCache there may be many files.  Delete them.  Do the same for the files in the VideopadSoundCache subfolder.

Did you install this version?

Video editing is resource intensive, especially if a project is lengthy or has many effects/transitions.  Confirm that the video driver and Direct-X are up to date.

https://www.nch.com.au/kb/10265.html

"Limited disc space"  That's a clue.  And for a project like that use the 64-bit VP version, as linked above.

100 MB available space is often listed, but 5-10GB would be better, to allow for caching of your lengthy project.  This can be on a separate drive.  If that's the case there, under Videopad OPTIONS | DISK tab point the cache folder to that external drive.

You may do well to break up the project into more usable ten-minute sections, and export each.  They become clips, where all transitions and effects have been processed.  Later, assemble those clips for a final export.  This should considerably lessen the load on your system.

Feel free to regularly click OPTIONS | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.  And do not load any clips that will not be used for the project - they just take up resources.

Thanks

How do I find VideopadSoundCache subfolder?

i got the new version and cleared cache...I look like the elephant man in this video since yesterday....luckily, I exported it before this happened. Just need  1 edit and 1 subtitle to complete the video.  Does that mean I can do it another way rather than splitting up the video into sections?

I have to figure how to split it up sections if that is  necc..

Hi

In version 10.56 (at least) the VideoPadSoundCache folder is held in the normal VideoPadCache folder..

z.jpg

If you delete the cache files using the VP Menu/Tools/Options/Disc  page then the Sound cache is also emptied but is left in the folder.

If, on the other hand you delete the contents of the VideoPadCache folder via the usual Windows delete then the sound cache folder is also deleted. This is not a problem though as starting your next project re-generates it. 

If you actually delete the whole  VideoPadCache folder  this is also not a problem as the whole folder is re-generated (along with a fresh VideoPadSoundCache  folder) when you start a new project.

In the Menu/Tools/Options/Disc page you can setup the location of the cache folder. (e.g. Desktop) This way you can easily find it and check its contents with the minimum of navigation.

Nat

If the project is now working well there's no need to split it up.

For protection, always Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

This generates a unique VPJ control file (not playable) that is used to load a project, and is not the same as exporting.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your help on this project.

I downloaded the version you linked above, last week NCH offered me a newer version which have now,deleted all the cache files you said.

Re latest drivers, went to  Intel site, they just offered me this:

er and software updates for most of your Intel hardware. View a list of exclusions.

2 software updates available

Download all

Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

Download

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10

Download

Dell Inc. Latitude 3550

-0-0-

I deleted a lot of duplicate VP videos to get more disk space in pc, too...

I still look like elephant man, will figure out how to split up 1 hr 20m into 3 videos to publish, separately ...

-0-0-

Would you mind kindly explaining to me, how to split the video into 3 videos, please?

I clicked edit at start and 25 min mark, but that part didn't go grey...

There are a number of ways to split a project.  Here is one, which will split your work into three :26 chunks, in this example.  Or create smaller chunks...

First, for protection, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

With the scrubber (red line) at the head of the project, place the mouse pointer on the line, hold down the left button and swipe right up to about 26:05.  That area turns blue.

Right-click in the blue area and Export Selected Region.  This will be your segment #1...     image.png

Do the same for each segment, overlapping slightly with the prior segments, so nothing will be missed.  Later, when assembling the segments for final export, you can trim excess duplication at the join points.

This will take some practice.  But if you have backed up the initial, full project, you should be good.  If you make a mistake along the way, press <ctrl-Z> to backtrack, step-by-step.

Thanks,

1. I tried that this afternoon, I put the red line a bit after where I wanted it, it turned blue but the red line moved....

what to do about this?

2. Then, it occurred to me, if I go over, take too much of the video, to be on the safe side, then that excess part, will it be missing the beginning of the next session? maybe, I have misunderstood what is happening here...?

Let's say that you have three ten minute segments to export.

Swipe the first from zero to just after ten minutes and export.

Swipe the second from just under ten minutes to just over twenty minutes and export.

Swipe the third from just under 20 minutes to the end.   Now each export has an 'overrun' that can be trimmed out when they are assembled.  Nothing missing.

When you swipe, you are dragging the red line.  Start with where you want it, then drag to where the blue selection is to end.

Start and end the selection just before and after a split point (a join between two clips) respectively, to make it easier to trim later.

Thanks for your help...I did it and some complicated manouveres, taking clips from another video  and adding it in, too.......unfortunately, the beginning 5 secs of the video is missing...I didn't delete it. i think I will delete the first 26 mins and add the whole of that section back in...

I know, I didn't highlight the first part blue! Just learning....

thanks