Adding unwanted empty space to end of video

JRStiles

I went through the first 5 or 6 pages and didn't see anything like the issue I'm having, so if this is a common problem that people are tired of addressing, I apologize.  I have v10.36 and ever since an update recently, half my videos are having up to 8 minutes of empty video space added at the end during the rendering process.  So then I have to load that newly rendered file back into the editor, crop off the empty space and re-render it.  It's never done this before and I haven't changed how I do anything.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi

This is a bit unusual. Check that you haven't got a clip or a bit of clip left or moved way down the timeline and out of sight. Click on the >I button under the Sequence Preview window and have a look, the cursor will stop at the end and you can check the length of your project. Alternatively  look at Track 1. Switch into Storyboard mode and then scroll to the far right end. 

Nat

There is nothing way down the timeline.  I've checked multiple ways, including what you suggested.  The first time this happened, it added almost 3 minutes of space.  So I then re-rendered it a second time and it added over 6 minutes.  It's done this the passed 3 or 4 weeks, and last night it added over 8 minutes, and these are all different projects.  When I take these videos and put them back in the editor, I can remove the extra space, re-render it again and it comes out fine.

Also, I have tried the "close gap in sequence" and again, there's nothing there, it isn't clickable. 

Jason

Let's see the project (not the export).  Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.