ISO files too large

Artsgard

ISO files too large lately, they shouldn't be. Same thing happens in Express Burn these are videos under two hours long, low resolution. The process of creating these is very long double the estimated time. This is a new problem, I've been using NCH products for a few years without any problems. Could this be an issue with my PC?

Tested a 40 minute 1180x664 project here with both the latest VP beta and the older 8.45 release.  Both resulted in nearly the same file size, though creation was about :30 faster with the older version than the new.

A second comparison, a :50 1080 project, resulted in an older VP version ISO file that was one-third larger than with the new version, and took almost three times longer to export.

Upload your file for comparison and someone will check it out.  Specify the export resolution.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

I also tried to recreate an ISO file in Video Pad from an MP4 video that I already created an ISO (3.60 MB) file that I used to successively burn a disc a few months ago & the same thing happened - it created an ISO file that was too large (5.61 MB) to burn to disc (same blank discs BTW).  https://www.dropbox.com/s/xknb3mjp3sr2vay/7-24-21 weezer.mp4?dl=0

Still having this problem suggestions?

The linked mp4 is 720 resolution and 7.28GB.  No way is that going to create a 3.60MB ISO.  Initially you made mention of "low resolution."  What resolution?

720 res ISO results here on the mp4...

Latest VP version   6.14GB

7.53    VP version    6.12GB

At 480 resolution, using the latest VP release, the ISO took about 25-minutes to create.  Size:  3.73GB, which fits onto a single DVD.

Sorry, I posted the wrong link to you, sorry for wasting your time. Thanks for the download link, I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong! I did create a 480 resolution MP4 video (1.77 GB) yesterday but it was still is too big when ISO was created (6.26GB) to fit on a blank DVD+R . I wonder if somehow I changed some basic setting in video pad that's creating this problem for me.  As I said Ive made a lot of ISO files without an issue as long as I kept them under 2 hr.

Using the instructions above, please upload the project that created the 1.77GB file - not the mp4.  Mention what version of VP is being used.

Are you first creating an mp4 video, then loading that video into Videopad to export as an ISO?

Don't do that.  Export your project directly to a DVD Movie ISO.

Perhaps there's confusion here.  A DVD (Digital Versatile Disk) disk can accept a variety of formats.

It your aim is to create a DVD DATA ISO, then the above 480 resolution test fit the disk...  "...the ISO took about 25-minutes to create.  Size:  3.73GB."  This will play on a PC, but likely not on most standalone DVD players.

If you want to create an ISO for a standalone DVD player, choose DVD MOVIE.   Using the latest VP release, that resulted in a 3.44GB ISO that took more than an hour to write.

Can't spot where you see an estimated export time, but don't put a lot of stock in the estimated file size.

As for fitting large files onto a single disk, look here.

The ISO file you posted here I burned it in Express Burn and it processed fine but the Disc was not recognized by either of my DVD players. On my lap top i tried to play it and got this message 

Playback failure:

Cannot play a non-UDF mastered DVD.

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///E:/'. Check the log for details.

I extracted a MP4 file from your ISO file in Prism video converter and It extracted fine but when I tried to burn that file to Disc in express burn after encoding finished it opened a message that I was trying to burn a file that was too large. Was the ISO file you sent me for a Data disc? Thanks for any help you give.

When viewed in Windows Explorer (the file manager) note the VOB files.  That's DVD video - a Movie disc, not Data.

DVD_Movie.jpg

Worked fine here in a Samsung BR disc player after being burned to a rewritable DVD/RW with Windows disc burner, which writes in UDF format.  More on that from the Express Burn FAQ...

Select the filesystem to use (ISO, Hybrid or UDF)
The filesystem is the way data is stored on a disc. In most cases please use Hybrid but for maximum compatibility with old PCs use ISO/Joliet. You may select the filesystem to be used for the disc with the button on the right which will be labeled 'ISO/Joliet' or 'Hybrid' or 'UDF'. This button toggles between the filesystems (you may also use the Ctrl+S shortcut key).  These filesystems are explained in more detail in Data CD Overview.

The result should be playable directly in Windows 10, if VLC is  installed.  The DVD drive will show up as a virtual drive letter.  When burning to disk, test with a rewritable, to save on duds.