Moneyline cannot see qfx file

VicD

I just installed the trial version of Moneyline to see if it fits my needs. However, when I browse to the directory with the Quicken qfx file, MOneylone does not see it and it therefore cannot be imported.

Any suggestions?

• 1 year later...

Hi @VicD,

MoneyLine can import data from OFX, QFX, and CSV files. You may export your data from Quicken using any format available. You will then need to convert the exported Quicken file into OFX or QFX using a file converter tool which you can find online.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 4:01 PM, VicD said:

I just installed the trial version of Moneyline to see if it fits my needs. However, when I browse to the directory with the Quicken qfx file, MOneylone does not see it and it therefore cannot be imported.

Any suggestions?

Money Line searches for .QFX files.  My Quicken exports as a .QXF file.    Not sure who is correct here, but I assume since Quicken is doing the export, they are free to call the file whatever they want, even though the common standard is .OFX(Office File Exchange)/QFX(Quicken File Exchange).  

Money Line searches for .QFX files.  My Quicken exports as a .QXF file.    Not sure who is correct here, but I assume since Quicken is doing the export, they are free to call the file whatever they want, even though the common standard is .OFX(Office File Exchange)/.QFX(Quicken File Exchange).  

• 3 weeks later...

QFX and QXF are two very similar  and easily confused names, but the two formats could not be more different.

QFX is a download format, designed for import of transactions from your bank into a single Quicken account. In Quicken menus it is referred to as Web Connect format, and in Windows Explorer it will show up as OFX (since QFX is a variation of OFX).

QXF is an encrypted  file transfer format designed to move entire Quicken databases with multiple accounts from Windows to Mac or visa versa.  It is only suitable if you are changing platforms and/or migrating your accounting software.