Distortion / Cant change recording device on laptop

Shijune

Hi,

I am trying to record a DJ mix from my Mixer master volume into my Line in on my laptop.

All my mixer settings are correct and running from 'master out' via a phono to 3.5mm jack into my laptop

https://snaptube.cam/ 9apps 

When I try to select stereo mix as a recording device, I hear a horrible stuttering sound that increases in volume.

When I thereafter select line in as recording device, there is no recording processed.

The only type of recording I am able to achieve is when the microphone is selected as the default recording device.

Of course when this was played back......the sound was distorted.

After trying to configure some settings, I am no longer able to hear any playback via Wavepad at all. This includes any existing recordings I have tried to edit.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

On 8/7/2021 at 10:40 PM, Shijune said:

Hi,

I am trying to record a DJ mix from my Mixer master volume into my Line in on my laptop.

All my mixer settings are correct and running from 'master out' via a phono to 3.5mm jack into my laptop

https://snaptube.cam/ 9apps 

When I try to select stereo mix as a recording device, I hear a horrible stuttering sound that increases in volume.

When I thereafter select line in as recording device, there is no recording processed.

The only type of recording I am able to achieve is when the microphone is selected as the default recording device.

Of course when this was played back......the sound was distorted.

After trying to configure some settings, I am no longer able to hear any playback via Wavepad at all. This includes any existing recordings I have tried to edit.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi!

Regarding the stuttering, it could be due to a certain piece of hardware not being optimized, or not having enough processing power to handle all tasks at  the same time.

For diagnostic purposes, kindly send us the following information about your machine's hardware. Kindly give out the most details you can to the best of your ability.

Processor:
Boot/Storage Drive:
Memory:

*FOR EXAMPLE*

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8500B (6 cores, 6 threads)
Boot/Storage Drive: ex. 500 GB NVME SSD
Memory: 32 GB DDR4 RAM

---

Regaring not having ny audio playback anymore, kindly proceed to WavePad > Preferences/Options > Audio > Sound Play Device > Make sure that the proper audio device is selected.

Let us know if this addresses your concern. Keep in touch!