Calculating text scroll speed in VP

St Bosse

I have seen quite a few discussions (with frustrations) of people that hates the text scroll stuttering. So do I. I have gone on the internet and it is interestingly enough, a frustration all round regardless of which editing software is used.

During my search to get solutions to this problem, I can across posts of people that know (I think and hope) that states the following or similar amongst two or three lessor important suggestions:-

β€œThe single best thing you can do for your end credits is reduce scroll speed.
Our recommended sweet spot is 3 pixels per frame (in 2k or HD) or 6 pixels per frame (in 4k and UHD).”

Question: Has anyone ever did this calculation? How does one apply this in VP? How do I apply this statement or translate this to scroll speed (ie. 50 lines per minute or clip length in sec = lines x 2.75 sec/line - [my formula, but still has the odd hiccup])? How to include font size in the formula etc.

Anyone ever tried this calculation or got to a formula?

Please let me know. Judging from all the posts, I am sure lots of editors would like to hear a about this.

St B