How do I manually create new Video tracks?

Streetlife

I've spent the last few hours browsing documentation trying to find out how to create new video tracks. The problem I'm trying to solve is to create a simple Intro frame to overlay the start of the movie. I'm familiar with Premiere Pro but couldn't put up with the constant crashes, so switched to VideoPad instead - after a fruitless flurry with LightWorks. So VideoPad is a breath of fresh air, but create new tracks - seems to involve black magic and I've not been invited to the inner circle.

I have only "Video Track 1" and the Tracks menu option is greyed out.

All help and advice appreciated.

HI

When VP opens there will only one empty track; Video Track 1.  

Load a clip or clips to VP (Add a File) and theywill appear as a thumbnails in the clip bin area at the top left of the screen Drag or more clips from here to Video Track 1 where it will display. You now have a singe track timeline which you add further clips to and edit.

With a clip on Video Track 1 you will now see a black zone above the track with the words Drag and drop your video;text and image clips here to overlay.  If required you can add (drag and drop) clips from the bin to this zone. This will create Video Track 2.

Above this will be a further overlay zone which will become Video Track 3 and so on. Note that clips etc on the upper track will obscure clips on the lower tracks.

You need to select  a track first before the Menu/Track options  are active. Until you have done this the sub-menu will remain greyed out. Select the track by clicking it at the far left. 

Nat

Hi

That is correct. VP Storyboard  mode only shows the contents of Video Track 1. with any linked audio beneath. It's rather in   the form of a slide show. Irrespective of the actual length of a clip on Track 1  the slides are all shown the same width. It can be useful to reveal any left behind tiny snippets of clips that are hardly visible in timeline mode. and it's the mode to use if you are simply making a slideshow. The layout is similar to NCH's PhotoStage slideshow generator application.

VP Timeline mode, on the other hand will show all clips and images on all the used tracks at their correct length related to their duration. This is the usual editing mode.

Nat