Blue "selection" keeps on chasing the mouse after Update 10.57

St Bosse

After an update few hours ago, movement of my mouse cursor over the timeline, randomly started selecting sections (blue block between a point and redline) and runs after the cursor. I can't persuade it to release. Moment I move over the timeline area again, it grabs the cursor and makes a blue selection again. Can't get rid of it! It sticks like sticky tape on one's shoe!

I really cannot have this at a critical phase of my video project to be delivered soon!

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

St B

This is very annoying and irritating. Red line jumps at the cursor every time the cursor moves over the main track and opens a blue selection block!

Update: After some testing on various files it seems to be caused by set of circumstances (can't say what). I can reproduce it every time on the same project, but the same steps on another project will not.

So, I don't think it is the fault of the VideoPad update ? 

Update (day later): I think I found out what causes the situation. I sort of now can reproduce the issue. It typically happens when on has tracks  "grouped"  and then add a new clip to the group's sequence. At this point everything is still fine but as soon as I add a video effect like "cross fade", the problem starts! Looks like one has to ungroup everything first (and run the risk of something moving somewhere, so be careful), and then add the video effect, and regroup again.

Any comments?

St B

Edited by St Bosse
update message

Not seeing unusual behavior here.

When the pointer is placed on the red line a two-headed arrow appears.  When the thin line is then dragged it will create the blue selection area.  Right-click in that area to see the options it offers.

If a selection isn't desired, drag the line using the 'arrow' at its top...  image.png

If it's still screwy. reinstall the latest release.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.