Video track splits when I add a file to a different track

Pablito

I just purchased Videopad pro for mac. I placed the video on the timeline. When I add a picture or an audio file on another track and place it in line with the video track, that video splits or totally shifts to the right. There must be a way to keep the tracks from affecting one another. Please help!

Don't see that here.  Placing video, an image or audio clip on a separate (overlay) track should not affect the main track.  A track can be locked via a right-click at its far left, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Elaborate a bit on what you mean by placing it "in line with the video track."    Include a screen capture if possible.  Here's how...

Upload the capture file to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

I'm sorry I'm such a novice at this. I've used other programs that did not act like this so I really appreciate your help. I took a screen shot with an arrow showing a clip I added. I could not get it to do this with a picture but yesterday it seems like it did it with just about anything (title, pic, audio clip). I think it has something to do with the audio file of the video. It made the audio file on track 2 split (directly below it). 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kfA1m2St18_MZR22QRjX9QcN4jtVSd0v/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance for your help.