Having issue adding my Itunes music into my project

xlGalaxyll

I have a few songs on itunes I'd like to add into my video, but when I got to my music file from the directory in VideoPad, there is nothing there, but when I open my file explorer, I take the same steps, and there's my music, right there. I've tried to convert my music to WAV and MP3 but I'm still coming up short, I'm also VERY new to editing on PC, normally I just use my phone, so I could just be stupid. 

Is the music stored on a PC?  If it's a standard file type - WAV, mp3, etc. - then ADD FILES on the Videopad toolbar (or via a right-click in the bin) should bring up the Windows file manager.  Locate the directory/folder where the music resides and click on the desired file.

Gonna be honest here, i’m not entirely familiar with technological terminology yet, so i guess to answer your question, i got a new laptop and it’s just stored under music in the file explorer, and as far as i know, I tried that but when i get to my library for my music from the directory, i click on the album with the desired song and it says no items match your search.

In Windows Explorer (the file manager) are file extensions shown?  If not, open explorer, click the File menu (upper left).  Click Change Folder and Search Options, then click the VIEW tab.  Scroll down to Hide File Extensions for Known File Types and UNcheck its box.

Now open Explorer to the Music folder and report what file extension is shown for the desired music file.  If it's a typical one, as mentioned above, then Videopad should have no trouble loading it.

Open Videopad, click ADD FILES.  Do exactly what you just did to find the Music file.  Click on that file.

m4p 

No I didn’t mean to put mp4.

I'm currently just browsing for a file converter in case this doesn’t work out.

Update: The file conversions said they couldn’t complete the conversion due to DRM Protection… could this be part of the issue or am i way off track?

Mp4 is normally an audio/video file, and it should load as well.  The DRM could be a factor.  Let's take a look...

Share a file or two.  It's easy.  Here's how...

Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

I did notice that for some reason the link I sent, the file didn't produce any sound, when for me before putting it into google drive, did, and the download you sent me also doesn't have any sound,  idk if there is much more for me to do considering it's apple music, there isn't really download settings 😕

Hi

I may be behind the times with hardware ☺️and I admit to not exactly knowing the ins and outs of iTunes but I have a collection of pieces on an old ipod shuffle which I usually load from my PC via the iTunes program.

Looking at this post I find I can load VP without the ipod or anything else connected...Here are the steps I did which may work at your end.......

• Open the PC Music folder. This contains my own Music folders and another folder entitled iTunes. I assume this was added when iTunes was installed but I have never looked to see what it contains....It doesn't have the iTunes.exe file anyway.........
  • So, open the iTunes folder. Here, it holds the following files  ......
  •  
  • z.jpg
  •  
  • Double click iTunes Library.itl   file This opens a Recently added music page from iTunes.......
  •  
  • zzz.jpg
  •  
  • Drag one of the square TNs directly to VP. Some contain Disc cover TNs  or UTube title TNs instead of quavers.  Here, when grabbed that file has a "no entry" sign and a number on a solid red circle. nevertheless when dragged and dropped on VP the "no entry" turns into a + and the file loads  and is converted by VP to an mp3

That's what happens here.

Nat

The file that you downloaded is definitely good, and is unrelated to ITunes.

So if it has no sound in a player or in Videopad then something else is amiss.  Do any music files play?

Right-click the Windows speaker icon at the right of the taskbar and click Windows Mixer.  Are the sliders muted or turned down?

image.png

In Videopad, right-click at the left of the audio track.  Confirm it's not muted and that the volume slider is full.  image.png

Right-click the individual audio clip and be sure it's not muted.

Hey Nat, thanks for reaching out, that may work but i have tried something similar and I guess it doesn’t really appreciate bypasses because I get the “failed to load” description every time.  And as for the file you sent borate, I honestly have no idea, I downloaded it and loaded it into my project and adjusted all my volume, but I didn’t get any sound still. 

Edit: I also need to get this on youtube I don’t want to keep my subs waiting, so I have a way to put this song in via my cell phone, but let’s keep working on this so we can have a solution hopefully by the time I’m ready for my next video.

Again, can you play any music on the PC?  Do you get any sounds?  Is the file that you downloaded dead in all media players or just in Videopad?

If no sounds whatsoever, the sound card or adapter may be defective or drivers may need to be reloaded.

The PC is fine, I play music on it 24/7. i figured out though, that when I use the file you sent, it changes the audio output, so I changed it back to my Realtek speakers and it worked fine, and when I open my Itunes file, it directs me straight to the Itunes app and starts playing the song. Don’t really know what you think of that but as far as I know, everything seems normal. And when I used Nats strategy, it doesn’t work either, the file just doesn’t allow itself onto any audio tracks or any part of the videopad software.

If the file that you linked earlier plays on the PC that hints that something is converting or decoding it.  Or perhaps it's linked and playing from an on-line server??

Inspected here, the file won't load in the Google Drive player, WMP, Groove music or any local player, much less Videopad.  It does 'run' in MPC-BE, but no sound.

The file supplied here earlier for you to test plays fine in Videopad and every other app, using standard Realtek settings in Windows 10.

• borate changed the title to Having issue adding my Itunes music into my project
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey sorry for the late response, I've been super busy but that didn't fix the problem either.

I guess the solution for now is how did you get that functioning file that you linked a while back, if i could use the same method that would be easier then trying to continue the hassle of this problem.

The file that you linked above is no good, as it won't play in any app here.

The functioning file was grabbed from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beCC9xJjLZQ

WHY your files are corrupt isn't apparent.  As suggested earlier, perhaps there's an alternative download setting for ITunes that will succeed.  Click their support link above.

The fault isn't with Videopad.