The sound from my file is missing and my zoom setting has changed

thenerdyguineapig

Hello, 

I edited a video last night and when I came back this morning half of my audio files were completely gone from the the project.  Where did they go?

The zoom effect has also changed. Before it would zoom to the selected area and basically fill the extra space with a black background. Now it's stretching the image to fit the scene, which is not what I wanted.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it did not work. I am using v. 10.56.

Choosing a ZOOM Aspect Ratio preset may help...   image.png  Or use the CROP effect instead, and SCALE if necessary.

Search for other VPJ files on the PC - it's possible that you are loading an earlier save.  A VPJ file loads a project exactly as it was when the file was saved.  Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar. 

Never move or delete source files until certain that the project will never be edited again.

• borate changed the title to The sound from my file is missing and my zoom setting has changed

ZOOM has functioned the same at least since version 7.51, which was released in early 2020 - and perhaps earlier.  What version was being used when it performed differently?

When you say "decoupled" do you mean that this were video files that were UNlinked? 

What happened when the back-up file was opened?

Search for an Autosave.vpj file in C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/NCH Software/VideoPad.