FX Not Exporting

ranran

Hi,

I have found problems with the FX that I added (contrast settings) is not appearing on the exported video file. Do you know any solutions to this issue?

-0-0-

I think I may have found the problem, the FX settings remain the same after changing it but it does not apply to the preview and exported video. Hopefully this helps in resolving my issue.

Not here.  This is the current version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Changes in contrast, brightness, etc. immediately display in the preview window and carry through to export.

When closing the effects box be sure that you are not inadvertently canceling the effect by clicking the X to the right of the effect name.

efx.jpg

This is what it should look like: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PTnySygBaiwu4-QT2Ax0Bbktgu5h4vOw/view?usp=sharing

Exported Version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13TxyHkfIlfpMANH5flkpIfmZIfzxqQUh/view?usp=sharing

The grey frames are not visible in the exported version, I have tried making the contrast darker so it is visible again. BUT when exporting it for some reason it does not include the FX (contrast setting) into the exported version of the video.

When I uploaded the original video into the software it did not show the grey frames in the preview. I have tried reuploading the same file but it does not work.

Hi

FX work OK here.

Here is your original posted image (What it should look like) with no effects added to it as exported as an mp4 from VP 10.43 and viewed in VLC....

Original No effects.jpg

A little pale and needing more contrast etc. So, back in VP a Color Adjustments effect has been added with following settings......

z.jpg

Here is the same clip/image now with the effect added as exported from VP 10.43 and viewed in VLC....

with effects.jpg

The settings have been retained and the image clip improved.

Note that the default settings in the effect which come up at the start. (particularly Brightness)  may totally wash out the image in the preview. Adjust to the values shown above and it should export OK as here.

Nat

What version of VP is being used?  Look at the start-up screen or the left-bottom corner of the Videopad window.

Same result here.  Original displays in PV just as above.  Export, after contrast/brightness/gamma have been tweaked per Nat, is darker.

10 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

FX work OK here.

Using  version 10.36

I matched your settings and this is what the exported version looks like:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18IRHBoWgCanVebZyJj91SQMLkAFyI691/view?usp=sharing

Also,
this is the ORIGINAL ORIGINAL version before I put it in the software:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PTnySygBaiwu4-QT2Ax0Bbktgu5h4vOw/view?usp=sharing

and this is the exported/edited version of it (Before I changed the contrast settings):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13TxyHkfIlfpMANH5flkpIfmZIfzxqQUh/view?usp=sharing

Does VP just not load the grey frames? I don't understand why I have this issue in the first place.

Using your original slide with version 10.36(32-bit), Nat's settings resulted in this preview and export...

image.png

The uneffected image looked just like the original.  So unable to replicate your result.

What video card or adapter is installed?

Hi ranran

In your exported result the FX have actually worked if you check the blue "Home" box. It's obviously more intense than in the original image. Why the two grey panels are not affected and become white I have no idea.

Check this...

• Go to Options/Display and set up Dual Previews.
  • Load your original image to VP
  • Click the FX box and select Color Adjustments........Do the displays go white? (May do depending on the default values.)
  • Set Brightness to 0
  • Set Contrast to 0
  • Set gamma to 1..........Do the dual displays show the correct original image?
  • Gradually reduce the Gamma value..........Do the displays show darker panels and colour?
  • If you now export as an mp4 is the result now correct?

The export should match the Sequence display which should agsin, reflect the FX changes.

Nat

Yes indeed but that is not what I wanted, you see in the original the grey frames are visible. Except when I export the video they are no longer visible. I have tried multiple contrast settings and none seems to work. 

Hi ranran

I appreciate that from your end the exports don't seem to show the grey frames, (contrary to what happens here) yet as you note something has happened related to the Color Adjustments effect as the blue etc. is deeper than in the original image. Nevertheless, as mentioned in my post;  do the previews  (Clip and Sequence) show changes when the effect values are changed? e.g....

ORIGINAL (before any effects)...........

z.jpg

...and after adding the Color adjustment effect and altering the values....... (Values shown..0; 0; 0.1)

zz.jpg

You can see from these two images that the effect has acted correctly on both previews (but not the clip bin copy). If this is not happening then your installation may be faulty.  With that particular  png image, the previews should show the above result.  This is before any export.   If, up to this point things are identical (or similar) to the above then we might be able to glean something from the export. The fact that it is a png might also have a bearing on what you are seeing. At this end we can only use the image you uploaded to Google drive  which may not have all the properties that it has at your end.

Nat

Did you install the latest VP version?  Did you check whether the video driver and Direct-X are up to date?

That others cannot replicate this, despite repeated attempts, hints that VP is not interacting well with your AMD card.

Test different export formats and codecs by clicking the Default Quality/Filesize blue link in the export box.

image.png

Try using the MPEG4 compressor with mp4 format.  Try AVI format.

Again, if at all possible, test on another machine.