IP address for Web Access Keep Changing

Jovan

Hi to all. Long-time Express Invoice user, first time Forum poster.

I'm having an issue lately where every day when I get to the office and open Express Invoice on my laptop, I cannot access it through Web Access on my PC in the office next door.
It seems that the Local Network IP Address in the "Web Access" tab under "Options" keeps changing every day.  

This means that every day I have to check the IP address in the software on my laptop and then change the URL in my browser on my PC accordingly in order to access Web Access.  Previously it used to work fine and the IP address would stay the same every day.  Is there a way of preventing the IP address from changing every day? 

I had recently installed an SSD drive in the laptop, and I believe that's when the issue started.

So I'm not sure if it's an Express Invoice thing, or a Windows 10 thing.  Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all,
Jovan.

You have to get fix IP from your Internet Service Provider. 99%, it remain same any ways.. so as far as your router is on, it have one ip address. Just select DMZ in your router to map global ip to local ip and it should work. I am using v8.11 for Mac and when enable web server for express invoice. It takes up 100GB of memory, crashing down everything. So you have to keep an eye on that part as well. 

Reported it to NCH team.. but no action yet. 

• 1 year later...

Zdravo @Jovan,

Express Invoice use port 96, here is how to open port in Windows 10, please open inbound and outbound communication for all three ports. Here is the link: 
https://pureinfotech.com/open-port-firewall-windows-10/

After this is done, just follow the steps:
1. Click the "Options" button on the toolbar
2. Select "Web Access" from the list on the left
3. Select the check box for one or both of the following options
---Allow access to Express Accounts on the local network
---Allow access to Express Accounts from the internet (Cloud Access)
4. We recommend checking the box for "Turn Web Access on when this computer is running"
5. In the Web  Accounts section, click the "Add"... button
6. Enter the information for each user
7. Give each user the web access address from the Browser Access section e.g. http://192.168.1.10:96
8. Give each user the password you created for them when setting up their User Account
9. Click "OK" to save your changes and close the window
If you still need assistance please reply back to this email.