Problems with sqllink.exe - please help

henriklauritzen

What is wrong with my setup??

DNS:

Goto “Control Panel->Performance and Maintenance->Administrative Tools->Data Sources (ODBC)”

I select "User DSN" and adds a new DNS that connects to my mysql database. If I test the connection - I get 'success connection is made' from the ODBC Data Sources administrator.

The DNS is named IVRDNS

I call the sqllink.exe with:

line 1. IVRDNS

line 2. insert into IVR (q1) values(1)

Table is called IVR + there is a column called q1 present in the table (INTEGER)

Log-file shows

Run plugin: "C:\Documenter and settings\henrik\skrivebord\ivr lyd\sqllink.exe to plugin" IVRDNS "insert into IVR (q1) values(1)"

But I keep getting an error in return. If I use a system DNS + .asp-page on localhost - the "insert into IVR (q1) values(1)" inserts a row in the IVR database without any problems.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong??

Hi,

I also tried to use this sqllink.exe but without any success.

Meanwhile I've written a little VB-script which works fine with an MySQL database.

It is also capable to execute selects, deletes, updates and to perform next and previous actions, just in case a select statement delivers more than one record.

Just let me know, if you interested in it. Could provide it by email or something.

regards

:)

Tjareson.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Boy

I so think that NCH SQLLink plugin is not useful for most users.

I get SQLLink source from NCH but it was in c language and I am a VB programmer.

In my language this work is very easy but NCH don't determine a way for exporting result of VB project to IVM so I write result as text stream into a text file and read it by getdatax.exe plugin.

Best regards

Hi,

Meanwhile I've written a little VB-script which works fine with an MySQL database.

It is also capable to execute selects, deletes, updates and to perform next and previous actions, just in case a select statement delivers more than one record.

Just let me know, if you interested in it. Could provide it by email or something.

regards

Tjareson.

I'd appreciate it if you could email me that script mbailey [at] mobasoft [dot] com

thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank you if you give me VB Script.

My email : winslab@gmail.com

Regards,

Amru

Hi,

regards

Tjareson.

Hi Guys,

I have been using SQLlink plugin for my IVR that is connected with MSSQL server 2005 and so far it works like a charm. I have to admit that it's quite difficult to get it running properly but after a while a got the hang of it.

Try the following

1)First of all make sure that your firewall is not blocking any of the ports that SQLlink will be using and/or processes. Some software firewalls will even prevent sqllink to have access to local resources. I would recommend setting up sqllink with no firewall on and once u're done , re-enable it and configure it accordingly.

2) If you have your databaseon a different server, make the firewalls on that server is not blocking sqllink from accessing its ports

3) The "user DSN" will only work for the Simulator. You have to create a "system DSN" to allow other extensions or outside calls to interact with DB. NCH should really add that information on their plugin files/webpage.

SQLlink is quite limited actually. It will not allow long SQL statements and will only return one data row. If this is limitation for you , you could try the other scripts created by other users .

Good luck on your project !!!