WavePad bugs or dropped features? - splitting files, bookmarks, etc.

Rassoodock

Mac Intel OS 10.14.6

WavePad 12.47

Just got a newer computer and had to repurchase WavePad. Problems were immediately noticeable. I have two small issues and then a group related problems.

I am hoping that someone can show me what it is that I am doing wrong or what are bugs that have cropped up in the current version.

1. Can't edit the name of a bookmark; you must retype the entire entry.

2. You can no longer click in the overview panel and have your cursor appear below where you clicked - it moves your view to that general area and you must click in the section to move your cursor to that point. Why???

3. In my previous version of WavePad, I simply split at the bookmarks and SAVED ALL. I would have properly named files in the same folder as the source document. However, now... the new options for saving files that you split at the bookmarks are a nightmare:

• When splitting and saving files in one operation, it offers you the option to select an output location, but it doesn't work and instead saves to your computers MUSIC folder.
  • It will fail to split and save in one operation if you have a bookmark at the beginning of your file, giving a "Failed to save a split. One or more of the split files was not able to be saved" error message. Strange thing is, splitting but opening in the editor works just fine. Apparently, the current version of WavePad apparently doesn't like a bookmark to be placed at the beginning of a file when saving automatically. Really?!?! It didn't have a problem before. One would think this issue would have been fixed in the latest update. I wonder why it hasn't been dealt with.
  • Once the split files are all open in the editor, using SAVE ALL does allow you to actually select the correct folder but then strips all the bookmark names you carefully worked on while editing. The same thing happens when saving files individually. This is a massive downgrade from my previous version and makes my job so much harder. Strangely, if you don't have a bookmark at the beginning of your file and use the split/save automatically operation, it will retain the bookmark name - it just forces you to accept that it will save it in the MUSIC folder and not where you wanted it.

What once was a simple operation has become very frustrating. Any help or insight most appreciated.

Thanks, Michael

Hi,

1. If you have the bookmark list opened, you should be able to right-click on the bookmark you wish to change the name for and click on Rename, it should allow you to change a part of the name or the entire name.

2. Yes, you are right. Still this could have been something the developers changed on the new version or left our or bug. You will need to contact NCH Technical support to confirm and escalate if it is a bug.

3.1 I checked this but it saved successfully in the folder I set, how exactly are you saving this? Provide step by step.

3.2 I´m not sure what you are doing here. If you have a bookmark at the beginning of the file and try to split and save it will not allow it because it is not actually splitting anything, so it will obviously show that message. If you have several bookmarks (including one at the beginning of the file) it will save the others because they do actually split but it will give you an error for the bookmark that is set at the beginning because it is not splitting anything.

3.3 I think your best option here is to contact NCH Technical support team for them to review. You can reach out to them here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html