Very slow MOV files and Aspect Ratio UPDATE

Russ Croucher

I am in the process of converting about 50 small MOV clips into one single 30 minute MP4 video.  The videos are all listed under properties as 1440x1080.  However with the viewing of that file with the symbol media player or VLC are all it displays it as 1920x1080.  The correct aspect ratio is definitely 1920x1080 but is only stored as 1440x1080 here is a cloud link to the 1st MOV video.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuSetTxgq7JxqM0-zXZidQfdM4l44g?e=oHjUqI

When I load this in videopad it takes 42 seconds to load that MOV file(I delete the cache file).  So I have figured out a way to send that file to handbrake and convert to MP4 which will only take 2 seconds.  So for my workaround I converted all 50 files to MP4 with handbrake and then sent those MP4's to videopad.  The solution was very fast.

Is there something else I can do to speed up the MOV files?  What about the aspect ratio of the file being 1440x1080 but clearly needs to be displayed as 1920x1080.  Also when I load that file either MP4 or MOV into videopad it comes up as 1920x1080.

A half-dozen larger MOV files (one was .99GB) loaded into VP almost instantaneously.   Your file took :31 and exports as audio only.

So this issue appears to be file specific.  MediaInfo reports ...  image.png

Someone will look into it..

• borate changed the title to Very slow MOV files and Aspect Ratio UPDATE

Normally I do go back and try earlier versions to determine which version works.  I do have 8.45 but I like some of the newer changes of the newer versions.  So I try to stay with the later versions if I can.  I'm currently using 10.43 on everything.  Also that computer is locked into that version I am using until I change it and my scripts that I run are tailored to the version I'm using.  But since I have a workaround I'm happy.

I'm tickled now that I have a good link on good ways (OneDrive links) I can give you support guys links to my files.