Unidirectional sound (only other side can hear me)

suppa

I didn't have this problem when I first installed Uplink and Axon a while ago. There was just the freezing problem.

I tried to give it another chance with the latest version.

I configured Axon and Skype according to the NCH suggestions http://www.nch.com.au/kb/10034.html

There is a usual phone connected to a Fritz!Box SIP adapter, that registers to Axon at extension 101.

If I call Skype test service, I can't hear anything. However, the phone's microphone seems to work. Because if I change the audio out device to standard in Skype, I can hear through my computer's speakers and I can record through my phone microphone on Skype test service.

I tried to record the call with the VRS that NCH offers, to find out if the problem might be somewhere between Axon and my SIP adapter. Interestingly, if the Skype audio out device is set to Uplink, I can record some seconds of voice from the other side-but then there is silence. I won't hear anything through the phone speaker the whole time.

If I set the Skype audio device to standard, the VRS will record the whole call and I can also hear everything through my PC speaker.

Very strange behaviour.

I guess there is no solution to this by now. Maybe in a year there will be a working version. :)

But who knows. So if you can help, please tell me what I could try.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't have this problem when I first installed Uplink and Axon a while ago. There was just the freezing problem.

I configured Axon and Skype according to the NCH suggestions http://www.nch.com.au/kb/10034.html

There is a usual phone connected to a Fritz!Box SIP adapter, that registers to Axon at extension 101.

If I call Skype test service, I can't hear anything. However, the phone's microphone seems to work. Because if I change the audio out device to standard in Skype, I can hear through my computer's speakers and I can record through my phone microphone on Skype test service.

I tried to record the call with the VRS that NCH offers, to find out if the problem might be somewhere between Axon and my SIP adapter. Interestingly, if the Skype audio out device is set to Uplink, I can record some seconds of voice from the other side-but then there is silence. I won't hear anything through the phone speaker the whole time.

If I set the Skype audio device to standard, the VRS will record the whole call and I can also hear everything through my PC speaker.

Very strange behaviour.

I guess there is no solution to this by now. Maybe in a year there will be a working version. :)

uplink works better with Asterisk. You may try Trixbox in VMware. Very fast.

• 2 months later...

Very strange behaviour.

for me, asterisk command Monitor() or MixMonitor() solves the problem