Wavepad keeps switching Sound Output

Tom 2010

For some reason, Wavepad keeps switching the output between my laptop speakers and my headphones.  When I go to Preferences => Audio -> Sound Play Device, I can toggle between Headphones, Default Playback Device, or MacBook Pro Speakers (I'm running IOS 11.1/Big Sur).  Whenever the computer goes to sleep  or I close it, Wavepad defaults to the Macbook Pro speakers, on high volume.  I've seen reference to an Options menu unter Tools, but it doesn't appear in any of the dropdowns.  Any idea how to change the default playback device to Headphones in Wavepad version 12.47?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Tom 2010 said:

For some reason, Wavepad keeps switching the output between my laptop speakers and my headphones.  When I go to Preferences => Audio -> Sound Play Device, I can toggle between Headphones, Default Playback Device, or MacBook Pro Speakers (I'm running IOS 11.1/Big Sur).  Whenever the computer goes to sleep  or I close it, Wavepad defaults to the Macbook Pro speakers, on high volume.  I've seen reference to an Options menu unter Tools, but it doesn't appear in any of the dropdowns.  Any idea how to change the default playback device to Headphones in Wavepad version 12.47?

Thanks!

Hi!

It would be best to make sure that the selected device under WavePad  > Preferences > Audio > Sound Play Device is the same device as the one chosen under MacOS > System Preferences > Output

If the issue still occurs even after you've set these, you may open a support ticket through this link https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html if you need immediate and direct assistance.