Subtitle keeps changing fonts

juthadeb

Non English subtitle.

Just upgaded to latest version and I hate it.

I use Thai subtitle and I can hardly control the subtitle font.  I begin with Tahoma but it doesn't have Thai font so it uses some default font and doesn't look good.  It also keeps changing size when I replay the draft.  When I change the font size in one sentence and lock it to selected text only, it applies to the whole piece.  Moreover, some intonation marks are put in wrong places on screen.     I switch to another font - Sriracha.  It works well if the screen remains with Sriracha font.  But as I replay,  some screen turn back to the default font and show wrongly placed intonation marks.  I cannot have a final draft even though I rework the files several hours, because some screen subtitles turn back to the default font.

I wish I didn't upgrade.

• borate changed the title to Subtitle keeps changing fonts

Using the latest release, selecting (highlighting) a single subtitle entry, then making changes under the Format tab seems to be working as intended.

Other non-selected entries are not affected if  image.png   is chosen prior to making changes.

Don't have Sriracha, so cannot test that here.  Perhaps the font is incompatible with VP??  Tahoma works well.

File a bug report.  https://tinyurl.com/ygvg54so   Be specific about those marks.  If possible, please Include a link to screen shots shared on MS OneDrive, Google Drive or the like.

You can revert to the earlier release;  just install over the current version.

Depending upon your job, using text overlays in lieu of subtitles may be an alternative.  Compose the text with your preferred editor, then COPY/PASTE the result into the VP text editor window.