"The provided file is not a valid VideoPad project file." But it was 30 minutes ago.

sc11

So I was in the middle of editing when suddenly the audio section of my video project becomes empty, then the project crashed while displaying "The provided file is not a valid VideoPad project file." I closed and tried to reopen it multiple times, but the same message just keeps popping back up and I can't reaccess the file I've slaved away at for nearly 20 hours. Could you please help me? And no, updating the app did not work. I am on Windows 10. 

A VPJ project file is saved in case of a crash.  With Windows Explorer (the file manager) Look for AUTOSAVED.VPJ in this path...

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\VideoPad.  Search the PC for other VPJ files.

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

Also check out this thread...

https://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/37202-the-file-provided-is-not-a-valid-videopad-project-file/?tab=comments#comment-98578

• borate changed the title to "The provided file is not a valid VideoPad project file." But it was 30 minutes ago.