Audio track on 58 minute MP4 video file is truncated to 3 minutes 40 seconds

rapraf

Hi,

I have a 58 minute .mp4 video that, when played in Windows Media Player, has audio all the way to the end. When I import it into VideoPad or WavePad licensed versions, the audio track cuts off at 3 mins, 40 seconds. I do not have a separate audio file for the movie.  How can I get the whole audio track to come into the software with the video? 

On 5/23/2021 at 1:06 AM, rapraf said:

Hi,

I have a 58 minute .mp4 video that, when played in Windows Media Player, has audio all the way to the end. When I import it into VideoPad or WavePad licensed versions, the audio track cuts off at 3 mins, 40 seconds. I do not have a separate audio file for the movie.  How can I get the whole audio track to come into the software with the video? 

Hi! Could you send us a screenshot of your VideoPad/WavePad timeline when you import the 58 minute file? You may also upload a copy of the video file so that we can test this on our end.

As an alternative, you may open a support ticket through this link https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html if you need immediate and direct assistance.

Thanks. I was able to convert a copy of the video file (VHS converted to MP4) to a .mp3 audio file. I have a screen shot but can't upload it here. I can't upload them on the support site either.

Edited by rapraf
incomplete info.

When this type of issues happen, is because the encoder used to create the video file conflicts with VideoPad.   Have you tried creating the video again using a different encoder, bit depth and bitrate and check if you are able to import it on VideoPad afterward.