Uninstalling

BrodyGamez

I used Videopad Video Editor to edit my 2nd and 3rd Youtube video, and it helped, but, there is a program that has made it impossible for me to download mods on my favorite PC game, The Sims 3. The Sims 3 usually uses its own programs to download mods into the game, but I recently haven't been able to download mods because of the program that was downloaded onto my computer. The file for sims 3 mods is titled: Sims 3Launcher Starter Application. I can't use it because of the file titled: "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Videopad\Videopad.exe" -extfind ExpressZip "%L". Even though I have stopped using Videopad and have deleted EVERY VISIBLE FILE that had to do with Videopad or the NCH Software, it is still there. I apologize for being an ex-user, but my free trial expired, and I didn't want to pay money. If someone could assist with this, please do.

Reboot, if you haven't already, and try again.  What, exactly, happens when Sims 3 Launcher Starter is invoked?  Any error messages?

There is a free, limited feature version of Videopad that you may want to install and retain..  Install it and see if Sims is okay.

After installi, if Sims still is a no-go, use this free tool to delete most references to Videopad.  Select ALL registry references it finds and let it delete those as well.

• borate changed the title to Uninstalling

You reinstalled VP, then used the Revo uninstaller?

Did you use Windows Explorer (file manager) to locate "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Videopad\Videopad.exe" -extfind ExpressZip "%L"?   Delete it.

Seems as if the Sims launcher has been inadvertently associated with VP.  You might try to reinstall the Sims 3 app.

Also click the Windows Notification icon (far-bottom-right of the desktop), then ALL SETTINGS.  In the search box type "assoc" (no quotes).  Click on Choose a Default App for Each File type.  Review the types that are associated with Videopad.  If it looks like one should instead be associated with Sims change its association from Videopad to Sims, if that choice is presented.

• 2 weeks later...