Converting WAV to mp3 doesnt work

B4rry

Hi, I have recorded successfully, but when I chose SAVE_AS and select mp3 it doesnt actually save the files in mp3 format (or at least when I try to open the new file, that's what your s'ware says.

I've tried SWITCH and that does it OK. Is this what i'm supposed to use?

Thanks ... Barry

Hi,

You should be able to save a mp3 file without any problem with WavePad. Does it give you any error? Does the "MP3 encoder settings" window display?

Hi, I have recorded successfully, but when I chose SAVE_AS and select mp3 it doesnt actually save the files in mp3 format (or at least when I try to open the new file, that's what your s'ware says.

I've tried SWITCH and that does it OK. Is this what i'm supposed to use?

Thanks ... Barry

Yes, First the SAVE_AS window opens, from which I can selct the file type (I select .mp3), then the MP3 Encoder Settins window opens from which I can select bitrate etc. WHen I press OK the saving window shows the prorgress of the file saving. It's only when I Open the file that it gives the error.

Also - I've just noticed that when I use the SAVE_AS dialogue window ... it displays the original file name... I then change the file_type to '.mp3', but (unlike other applications) it still displays the original file suffice in the SAVE_AS file name. Anyway ... I press OK, but when I come to (re)open the file it has saved in NOT in the folder I selected, but in the MY_COMPUTER!! folder