Tone down facial glow.

Percy

Hi all.

I have a portrait of a face, and the light has hit the subject to much on the cheeks, and forehead. I am trying to tone it down to the colour of the rest of the face. I have used free form to draw around the area of the forehead, then used Brightness to dull it down. Then I move to one of the cheeks to do the same, but as I do the forehead goes back to how it was.

I was hoping, and I'm sure it is possible, to crop around all the areas glowing, and then click on the colour from the face I want the glows to become, and paste it on, or something similar. Can anyone teach me how to achieve what I am trying to do?

Thanks in anticipation. Perc.

You need to use free selection, and make the section for the area, then use Brightness, you need to deselect the previous section before start selecting another one. You also have the option to add more sections by pressing the Shift key and the free selection. 
Check the right side of the program this would display all the layers and effects that you apply to the original image, so check each section or the areas that you need to modify. 

Thanks then.

I'll try that. I also found out how to use  'Clone Stamp'. Struggling, but I have got the idea. I'll try the 'free selection' and brightness though, I am sure I'll be able to handle that.

Thanks again. Perc.