Stacking or combining effects on one image

downtown

• borate changed the title to Stacking or combining effects on one image

I would like to do a pan or a zoom and have to image leave the frame before transition but it seems the image stops at the end of the movement and leaves a ghost in the next crossfade.  I would like the image to move and at the end before the trans to fade to black or transparent or something before it enters the transition and not leave a still image ghost in the transition. Does this make sense?

I guess to clarify, can I add a fade to black or transparent to an image after one of the effects and still have the crossfade work?
Thanks

There are a number of ways to accomplish this.  Animate the Motion effect for the pan, then use a Fade transition to dip between the clips.

Want a fade, but a different transition?   Animate the  pan plus a Transparency effect Fade Out.  Then add the transition.

In this example, Motion effect moves the image left to right, Transparency effect fades it, then Bounce transition has been added between clips.

http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/videopad/win/effects_animating.html

Available effects vary slightly between VP versions.  Use the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi

Question 1

".....Can U stack multiple effects on one image and then transition that image to the next image in the sequence?..."

"....You can add multiple effects to an image as Borate describes. However the order that you add them may affect how they work. You will need to do a trial first.

Question 2.

".......I would like to do a pan or a zoom and have to (the)  image leave the frame before transition....."

No need in fact to Pan or Zoom. Simply apply a Position effect and then use keyframes to fix the initial position of the image and the final position dragging the rectangle off screen.  Playing the clip will show the image moving off screen in the direction you set leaving the screen black. A transition like XFade can be added as normal. e.g....

Thank U guys for the feedback. Ahhh, key frames. It's all coming back now. I used a thing called VideoWorks
on a Mac SE30, 4meg ram and 40meg HD in the late 80"s, I was rock'n. Then director and later Flash. It's
been a while since I've had to use any of that stuff.