Quality of video is rubbish when I export it

LisaR

I have created a music video (something for my son in NZ) and the quality is fine when watching it in Videopad but I have tried exporting it as a Video file and the quality becomes very poor.  About 2/3s of the way through, the video starts flipping on its head and is very patchy.  Am not competent on this software - first time I have ever tried to do something like  this and need to be able to get it out in next couple of days for his 21st birthday!

Yes, I am having the same problem with poor quality when exporting. I've tried running as administrator and choosing the resolution as to match. It's a music video that I'm putting together with multiple clips. I also can watch the video fine within videopad but when trying to export it to my computer it's all patchy. I can export to youtube and that works ok but want to be able to download to watch on other platforms not just youtube or in videopad  (example to watch on another computer or burn to disc from computer)

Borate, thanks for your assistance. Before I install the version suggested, should I uninstall the videopad version that is already installed? Or should I just install the version right over the already videopad version I've have working now? TIA

What are your PC's specs:   CPU/GPU/RAM?

We need to see the project to sleuth out the issue.  Please share it.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

The computer we use videopad on is an older computer. The better computer is upstairs but we like doing the editing downstairs. Can we have videopad on both computers using the same registration code? That would be helpful. 

A Videopad FAQ states...

"What restrictions apply to the license?

If the license is named as an "Installation License" the main restriction is you need to purchase one license serial number for each computer that the program runs on.

Can I move the software or reinstall the software in future?

Within reason - yes. As long as the software does not continue to run on the old computer you can install the software on a new computer.

As a piracy control measure we do limit the number of installations to 2 times in any 12 month period.

Note: we do run an anti-piracy system which can detect multiple installs. But as long as the software (with one serial number) runs on one PC at any one time, you will not have problems."

---  That said, you can always test drive unregistered versions, though they may have limitations.

Upload and share the project and someone will check it out.

Don't know if this helps, but I found if I have clip taken from a still image that pans/zooms, and I have variable frame rate in the export, the result is not smooth.  Using a constant frame rate worked fine however.