Files sound muddy/low quality when opening in app

jakesinc54

Hi,

been using WavePad for at least 6 months now and have had little to no issue. I even bought the pro version. However, just this morning I have been having an issue where the app turns whatever file I add into a muddy mess.

the strangest part is that the file I save after using the app sounds better too. It seems just to be a bug with the app itself. And before you ask, yes I uninstalled/re-installed the app and the problem persists. 

Someone please help!!

On 5/1/2021 at 12:09 AM, jakesinc54 said:

Hi,

been using WavePad for at least 6 months now and have had little to no issue. I even bought the pro version. However, just this morning I have been having an issue where the app turns whatever file I add into a muddy mess.

the strangest part is that the file I save after using the app sounds better too. It seems just to be a bug with the app itself. And before you ask, yes I uninstalled/re-installed the app and the problem persists. 

Someone please help!!

Hi @jakesinc54, could you send over a screenshot of your audio configuration in WavePad?

Also, for diagnostic purposes, kindly send us the following information about your machine's hardware. Kindly give out the most details you can to the best of your ability.

Processor:
Boot/Storage Drive:
Memory:

*FOR EXAMPLE*

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8500 (6 cores, 6 threads)
Boot/Storage Drive: ex. 500 GB NVME SSD
Memory: 32 GB DDR4 RAM

You may reply to this thread, or you may also opt to open a support ticket through this link:

https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

Having trouble attaching a picture, but I’m currently using the movile version on an iPhone 11. I can’t attach any file but I should mention that the waveform has this strange purple lining to it that I haven’t seen before. It’s probably unrelated. I should also mention that the muddy quality thing was the reason I upgraded to pro thinking that would solve the issue but it didn’t. So it’s not the pro version’s bug I know that for sure. Is that someway I can give you guys more spec info from the mobile version? Please help

On 5/9/2021 at 9:59 PM, jakesinc54 said:

Having trouble attaching a picture, but I’m currently using the movile version on an iPhone 11. I can’t attach any file but I should mention that the waveform has this strange purple lining to it that I haven’t seen before. It’s probably unrelated. I should also mention that the muddy quality thing was the reason I upgraded to pro thinking that would solve the issue but it didn’t. So it’s not the pro version’s bug I know that for sure. Is that someway I can give you guys more spec info from the mobile version? Please help

Hi @jakesinc54, open a support ticket through this link https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html as we will need to perform several steps to proceed with the troubleshooting.

Thanks!