Voice quality is glitchy/stuttering

sark9handler

I've been a long time user of Voxal, in fact I've purchased the software 3 times over the course of 5 years now as it's been updated and required re-purchasing with every major update. Only with the newest version of Voxal am I having this issue. When I use Voxal, the voice sound is very glitchy/stuttery sounding. I've tried with bluetooth, the onboard computer microphone, and with wired headphones through a jack. I've tried it with various programs (Skype for business/discord/google suite with voice) and it can be so bad it's almost incomprehensible. I can 'preview' and 'record' from within Voxal with the same issue. I've tried the built-in voices as well as custom voices. I've uninstalled and reinstalled about half a dozen times, after the first uninstall and reinstall, all the pre-set voices also dissappeared from the program. I even did a complete wipe of my computer system, fresh install of the operating system, and installed nothing else but Voxal (the pre-set voices returned with this install), but it did not solve the problem. I've sent sound clips to NCH of the issue at their request but never got a workable response. Occasionally it seems the program will take control and ALL of the sound on my computer sounds glitchy and stuttery, not just the voice coming from Voxal. Restarting always fixes that problem, but does not fix the issue with Voxal itself or the voices. I am running a 2019 model iMac, with macOS Big Sur 11.2.3. As many times as I've purchased this product I'm a little disappointed in the fact that it no longer works once I was required to purchase it again. I've considered paying for the platinum support to try and figure out the issue, but I'm afraid the answer will be 'we can't help with that' or the blame will be placed on the computer or OS, which would be a waste of the cost of the service package. This program worked fine with this computer for 2 years now prior to the latest Voxal update/required re-purchase. I am now also having the same issue on my mid-2014 model MacBook Pro running the same version of Big Sur and Voxal. Any insight or potential fixes would be appreciated. 

This is a known issue that has been reported to the developers.  Sadly, there has been no new versions released lately so this has not been corrected.

You may want to contact the NCH Software support team by email to request updates if you wish.