Formatting imported text

Keith in UK

I regularly have to import sizeable chunks of text and need them to format into the equivalent of a text box found in most word processing software. At present I have to blank off a section of the screen - which I can do easily, but then when I paste in the text it imports as a single line of text right across the screen disappearing off to the right with no carriage returns.  It then takes quite a while to manually format into the space. And that is only easily possible on the left side of the screen.  I need a text box so that the imported text formats to the size and position of the text box wherever that might be on the screen.  Am I missing something because I'm really surprised that this facility appears not to be available.

See the thread posted just before yours... 

https://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/37153-no-option-for-automatic-text-wrapping/?tab=comments#comment-98352

Make a suggestion, via the chevron at the top-right of the VP window.

You should be able to accomplish what you need with this simple on-line tool...

HTTPS://GILLMEISTER-SOFTWARE.COM/online-tools/text/add-line-breaks_change-line-length.aspx

1.  Enter the text

2. Set the # of characters where the line should break

3. Press the Change Line Length button

4.  Press <ctrl-A> while focus is in the changed text window, to select all, then <ctrl-C> to copy

5.  Paste <ctrl-V> into the Videopad text window