What is the exact VST2 and VST3 plug-in file path?? Please help!! Greatly appreciated!

Pamela77

Hi, does anyone know what the exact path is for VST2 and VST3 plug-ins for Mixpad Master's Edition??? 

I have tried every imaginable and logical path to make my plug-in's actually work. No Success. I do not know what else to try. It makes absolutely no logical sense for one of the many file paths I have used "not" to work. My result is usually only one plug-in will show or none. I "must" have full VST functionality, or I will have to cancel my quarterly subscription and learn another DAW (Digital Audio Workstation).  Mixpad Master's Edition said it had VST capability. Well, if I can only use one plug-in out of essential Virtual Studio Tools (VST's), I have no choice.  Please, if anyone is familiar with Mixpad Master's Edition, please, please help in any way possible. I don't really want to cancel my subscription. If this one problem can be solved, I am interested in purchasing the full Master's Mixpad Suite but not if the VST's are not fully supported.  :(   

Speaking to Windows 10:

Young lady! I seem to be having the same issue as you. 🥶 VST (virtual studio technology) is quite the "industry standard" for a looooong time now.

The MixPad directory structure and location of the files infrastructure is obviously simple.  From my search, it appears that MixPad stores its homegrown effects (*.efc) files at local [C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\MixPad\en\presets].  However these (.efc - not MS Outlook) files apparently are proprietary predators. 🤑 I like the MixPad Visual EQ for custom LP/HP EQ but it's a bit awkward setting my own "QFactor" band sweep manually - it's doable but with much patience and virtue. I really wanted to drop in the free VST plug-in MEqualizer | MeldaProduction but you know as well as I do it aint gonna happen with MixPad.

Switching gears, I also use another program that uses common (*.dll) files for VST plug-ins and I simply drop any "clean" DLL into it's native VST directory and the program will scan this directory and vwa-lah there she blows - literally.

So my dear, it looks like with MixPad we get what we paid for MixPad Masters v 7.30 "NO 3RD-PARTY VST PLUG-INS ALLOWED" ~$80. 🙂

Rock on Girl - Rock Guitar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/21/2021 at 12:56 AM, Pamela77 said:

Hi, does anyone know what the exact path is for VST2 and VST3 plug-ins for Mixpad Master's Edition??? 

I have tried every imaginable and logical path to make my plug-in's actually work. No Success. I do not know what else to try. It makes absolutely no logical sense for one of the many file paths I have used "not" to work. My result is usually only one plug-in will show or none. I "must" have full VST functionality, or I will have to cancel my quarterly subscription and learn another DAW (Digital Audio Workstation).  Mixpad Master's Edition said it had VST capability. Well, if I can only use one plug-in out of essential Virtual Studio Tools (VST's), I have no choice.  Please, if anyone is familiar with Mixpad Master's Edition, please, please help in any way possible. I don't really want to cancel my subscription. If this one problem can be solved, I am interested in purchasing the full Master's Mixpad Suite but not if the VST's are not fully supported.  :(  

Hi Pamela77,

Unfortunately, MixPad only supports VST and not VST2 and VST3 for now. Our developers are still working on the program updates to support these versions of VST. For further assistance, you may submit a ticket on this link: Software Technical Support (nch.com.au)

Thanks for solving part of the Mixpad Mystery.

I am having huge issues trying figure out why my Mixpad master can't find my VSTs!
I had a stroke and so I'm a little dumber than I use to be, so I need very simple speifics.

Can somebody tell what exact pathway I need to have my VSTs at so Mixpad can find them
I have entered the pathways I thought would work C:/Program files/common files/vst.

Is this wrong? Can somebody please tell me the exact pathway you use?
Will I be able to create folder, create a pathway, and then copy VSTs to that folder?

My other DAWs and things find the VSTs very easily.
So something is eluding me with Mixpad.

Bu PLEASE be extremely specific.

Thank you, sweet spirits.

To add a VST effect to one of your tracks, click the Fx button in the track control panel on the left of the track. In the left hand panel of the dialog that opens you should see a sub-heading VST Effects. Any valid VST plugins you have installed will be listed underneath this sub-heading. If there are no items listed here, it means that you either do not have any VST plugins installed, or you have not configured your VST plugin path. You must tell MixPad where to look for your VST plugins. You can do this by going to the VSTs tab of MixPad's Options dialog.