No option for automatic text wrapping?

cScott

I am currently trying out VideoPad as an alternative to the outdated and no-longer-supported Windows Movie Maker.

So far, almost everything has been better and easier than Movie Maker, except for one thing that I can't seem to figure out.

One thing I do a LOT in Movie Maker is have text that I've pasted from a Word document scroll up the screen, while it is being read aloud. The problem is that when I paste the text into the VideoPad text box, it is a single line that extends outside the boundaries of the text box.

In Movie Maker, I could paste text into a text box and have it wrap within the size of the box on the video, but if there's a way to do this in VideoPad, I can't find it.

The only solution I could figure out was to manually insert line breaks throughout the entire text. Not only is this incredibly time-consuming, but it also has to be re-done any time I change the font size.

This appears to be the only issue that would prevent me from purchasing VideoPad, but unfortunately, it's a deal-breaker, because it's way too difficult to have to do (and re-do) it manually ever time.

Suggestion: [1] Allow the user to resize the text box on the video field. It can currently be moved, but not sized. [2] Have a Wrap Text checkbox that will determine whether or not the text will be wrapped within the text box.

The addition of these two small features would make VideoPad a more than worthy replacement for Movie Maker!

Cheers,
C. Scott Davis

A worthy suggestion that has been passed along.  Suggest you do the same by clicking the chevron at the top-right of the VP window and SEND FEEDBACK.

You should be able to accomplish what you need with this simple on-line tool...

HTTPS://GILLMEISTER-SOFTWARE.COM/online-tools/text/add-line-breaks_change-line-length.aspx

1.  Enter the text

2. Set the # of characters where the line should break

3. Press the Change Line Length button

4.  Press <ctrl-A> while focus is in the changed text window, to select all, then <ctrl-C> to copy

5.  Paste <ctrl-V> into the Videopad text window

Hi

Although you have to insert line breaks (Enters) into the pasted text (as you have to do if you past text onto ems or, indeed, this forum,You can Scale it without necessarily changing the font size.

It may be a bit of a bind with lots of text and I think your proposal is OK. However try..

• Paste the required text (a long line as it loses its formatting)
  • Left justify
  • Select font size
  • New line at the right hand end of each line to cut up the text
  • Change justification  if needed.
  • Scale to best fit the screen.

Nat