VideoPad spitting out low res imagery after exporting a video file

Royton

Hey! So recently I got a new pc and started loading it up with my necessities.
One of these is Videopad. I make videos and such, so I'm not new to this software.
That said, I've come across an issue I never encountered while making a new video for the first time since I got the new PC.

I've made a short 5 second intro for my playthough hobby and I'm not sure why,
but after exporting this video I opened it up and was greeted with a very low resolution image.
What should be 1920x1080 came out looking very 480-ish. Here' a comparison pic.
https://i.imgur.com/Xxamiu8.png

My Export File Settings are as they always were when exporting,
File Format: MP4
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 - 1080 HD
Widescreen fit: Stretch
Frame Rate: Constant 60

My only edits on the video is an audio track and a zoom out FX.

Put the project up on a server and link it here, and someone will take a look. The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Nothing wrong with your intro's resolution here.  Use Letterbox, instead of Stretch, but they will look about the same.  The latest version.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi

Nice to get downloaded files that is not GB in size. :)

The original downloaded image...DDDA 1920 x 1080 jpg

zz.jpg

Exported mp4 image 1920 x 1080 default quality in VLC........

zzz.jpg

I don't expect the resolution to equal the original image but this is OK as a video..

The other thing to mention is that your zoom seems to have a lot of unnecessary key frames......

z1.jpg

This makes it a bit jerky (although it IS very short.:)

Just use two..  1)  Start over on the right outlining the bit needed  and then 2)  Full frame. ... at 00:1.53......

zzzz.jpg

Takes no time to set up and is smoother. VP will sort out all the intermediate frames.

Nat

Hey thanks for the replies guys, Was still stumped on the issue.
I decided to remake the video but instead with a zoom in instead of out.
This time it came out with no resolution loss. I suppose the program doesn't like to start out with a close of of an image lol.

• borate changed the title to VideoPad spitting out low res imagery after exporting a video file