Real/Normal Voice Pops Back in For a Microsecond Randomly

scanner737

I didn't see this topic anywhere else in the forum.

FWIW, I'm using Voxal Version 2.00 (it's the version I bought a commercial license for) and have enjoyed using it over the last few years with Streamlabs OBS and the occasional other program.

One thing I noticed is that when I listen back to the processed/pitched voice after a stream or recording, my normal voice pops back in occasionally for a microsecond here or there every so often. It's not from mic clipping; it just seems to be a random thing where the software I'm recording to drops the effect for a splitsecond every now and then randomly.

Is there any way to fix this to get a smooth instance of processing without any glitches?

I suppose I should try the latest version to see if it happens, but is there any way to preserve my existing installation while demoing a new version in case this doesn't fix the issue? I have a license with version 2.00, so I don't want to lose that version of the program for a newer version I don't have a license for if this doesn't fix anything.

Thank you for the help.

It is not possible to run two different installations on the same machine, if you install a different version, it will overwrite the existing one. You may try these steps:

Uninstall Voxal, then delete 3 folders named "Voxal" and 1 named "Components" from these locations:
**C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Voxal\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Voxal\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components
**C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\Voxal\
**If you can't find any of the folders, just continue. 

After that, restart your computer and reinstall the program using this link: http://www.oldversiondownload.com/oldversions/voxal-2-00-2017-03-21.exe (this is for version 2.00)

Once done, restart your system one more time and try again.