Cannot upload video files to Videopad program

cinemon

• borate changed the title to Cannot upload video files to Videopad program

Reboot the PC.

Once the file is downloaded, open Windows Explorer (the file manager) and right-click the file.  Click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

It should install into the Videopad folder/s.  Does here. where it shows up as being installed in this VP folder.  Check yours.

C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad\ffmpeg23.exe

Don't double-click it in OneDrive or attempt to open it with Videopad.

There's no need to access a log file.  A right-click on the FFmpeg23.exe file that you downloaded from the above link will drop down the menu.

Yet, chances are you can simply double-click the file, as noted earlier, and it will install.  Did you try that?

You might also install the latest VP release.  Normally, this file is installed automatically.  So, if its absence is causing your issue, that may fix it.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

On 4/18/2021 at 1:31 PM, borate said:

There's no need to access a log file.  A right-click on the FFmpeg23.exe file that you downloaded from the above link will drop down the menu.

https://ibb.co/kSwnV7c

On 4/18/2021, borate said:

"Yet, chances are you can simply double-click the file, as noted earlier, and it will install.  Did you try that?"

Yes I did and I keep getting the error messages. You know what I recon...and that is its something to do with the internet codes it uses to connect.

On 4/18/2021 at 1:31 PM, borate said:

You might also install the latest VP release.  Normally, this file is installed automatically.

It say that that is a 64bit program and I dont have a 64bit machine.

It appears that you are running Windows XP, which could be the issue.

If the following files already exist then skip this...

If Videopad loads, but simply won't allow import of files download (removed) and copy it to this "VideoPad" folder...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"  (or similar, without the X86)

Next create a new folder named ffmpeg23 under the "Components" folder that's in this path...

"C:\Users\<PC Name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"    image.png

To do that, open the Components folder.  Right-click in a blank area and click NEW | FOLDER and name it ffmpeg23

Download (removed) into that new ffmpeg23 folder.

If still no joy you might try installing older VP versions from here.

Beyond those suggestions, another PC with an up-to-date operating system may be your next move.