Recording video not working

ASLvlogger

I bought Debut Video capture software yesterday and installed it.   I recorded a video but this video stopped at the beginning.  I pressed stop button it then It appeared saying, "Recording very short videos in some codecs can produce invalid movies."  I looked for the solution but I can't find it.   

Depending on the source you are trying to record the issue could be copyright or digital rights management.  

Now, if the issue happens with every video you try to record, then you may want to try using different formats and encoders to make the recordings.

I have used 4 versions of Debut 4-7 for Mac. At present with version 7, none of my external cameras are working.  I have tried my Canon 70D with the webcam software in Catalina. It recognizes the. camera but freezes. It dies does the same with my Canon Vixia HFR21 video camera. Nothing works with Mojave and Debut.  The 70 D works in Catalina with v6.61 but that camera has to stop for a few seconds and then restart after it reaches 30 minutes. A canon thing for recording movies so it does not over heat. Debut no longer recognizes my Canon ZR 900 as a webcam. It did in version 4 running on my laptop with Yosemite. However, I do all my production recording and online teaching on my Imac. These cameras work with other software like Wondershare and with OBD. I am very disappointed with the purchases and upgrades not working. I see they recommend some cameras online but none are for Macs. They should include this. When it was woking it was a superb program. I record hours of teaching videos.

I bought a new laptop last month.    I bought Videpad and Debut Video Capture software last week. They were installed on my new laptop.  I have no problem with Videopad.  I have some problems with Debut Video Capture when I use an integrated webcam.   

I finally got the program working. The usb cable was stressed/twisted, and that is why it was showing not connected in both Mojave and Catalina v 6.6.1 and version 7. It is working with my Vixia HFR20 video camera. I am having your issue with a mini-dv Canon to import into Debut. I need to go back to my laptop which is running Yosemite, where all was working and check again on the mini-dv, a ZR900. I have Yosemite on there because of a Pro tools project and have not wanted to upgrade that software.