Video and audio lose synch when opened with Videopad

ScotnotBot

As above. Origin MP4 file in perfect synch. As soon as loaded onto Videopad before trying to crop and edit,  the synch has slipped. This is in a purchased up to date version of VP (10.24). I have also tried installing an older version (26-5-2020 8.45) of VP; I have also tried Beta version 10.26 and the same happens. I have emptied the disc cache. The post-editing output to MP4 is worse.  This appears to be a recent development in the last couple of weeks - I have not had a problem before. 

What can I do to fix this? TIA!

Interesting.  It's likely to be a problem with the file itself.  Most sync issues with specific mp4s were corrected some time ago.

Let's take a look.  For folks who make the effort to share here, issues are usually solved quickly.

Upload the file to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  If using Google Drive,  change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

• borate changed the title to Video and audio lose synch when opened with videopad

Verified and reported.  While it's being fixed, work with this release.  Ignore any virus warnings.  You may find that it's unlicensed, but AVI export usually succeeds.  Total compatibility with your purchaed version isn't guaranteed though that's usually not an issue.

In any case, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.  Then you're protected. 

Please leave your PM link live for a week or so, if possible, so the developers can access it.  Thanks.

• borate changed the title to Video and audio lose synch when opened with Videopad

The original has an odd framerate and when moused-over in Windows a prompt reads:  "Error, decoder appears to be frozen.  Corrupt audio file?"  That has been seen before on rare occasions.

We'll have to wait and see what is discovered.

Unlikely, but one never knows.  A similarly named file - apparently recorded with the W10 Camera App - had a sync issue.

The frame rate shown on your downloaded file is 29.60.  But this may be irrelevant.

Fixed in 10.34.