Blank Invoice with INVALID DATE in Express Invoice

Astbury

I have an issue that crops up now and then and across several computers that I have been testing Express Invoice on.

The Issue:  When creating a new invoice I go through all the usual like adding items to the invoice from the item list then click either Record and Preview or Record and Email.  The invoice pops up on screen but is blank with with no items showing. in the date field of the invoice it shows INVALID DATE in caps.

Further playing around in my attempt to try find out what makes this happen I see that if I disconnect from Dropbox it never happens.  After a creating an invoice that failed with the error shown above if I simply recreate the invoice again it always works the 2nd time around.

I get this same issue on the following:

iMac (BigSur) Macbook Pro (BigSur) Macbook (Catalina).  Its occurring on my office network, my home network and also on a 4g test network. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried re-creating the backup you have on Dropbox?  To do that, you may want to make sure one of your computers have all the data you need for your business, disconnect it from Dropbox (Express Invoice> Preferences > Sync Devices, and turn off this option), do the same for all other computers you connect with Dropbox, and then erase the Express Invoice backup you have on Dropbox.

Once you have erase all the information of Express Invoice from your Dropbox account, you may want to go to the one computer you want to use as main backup, the one that has all your business information in it, and start the process to sync with Dropbox again.  Wait until the Synching process is completed on this first computer, and then repeat the steps with the rest of computers.  It is important that you wait until the first computer is completely sync in Dropbox to start synching the rest of them.