Very strange strobing in rendered video with latest update

alexbb

Hi I have some rendering issues, i have edited a half hour video shot in 4K and on rendering it as mp4 at 2K which is normal for us without problems nearly the entire video has a strobing effect, completely unusable. some renders still have the strobing but alos the audio is way way off, like minutes.

I have tried all sorts of different rendering options, 2K, 1080p, fps, AVI etc etc, all more or less the same.

I have just installed an earlier version i think 10.10 and waiting for it to render now, i have notice when the export button is prssed i see in the top bar 'not responding' and the export window takes a few seconds to open.

PC is up to date windows 10 pro, ryzen3 3200 G, 16 gig ram and have not any problems for the last 8 months uploading videos once or twice a week........... i must admit the latest version i installed yesterday, the work flow was amazingly smooth, no buffering while editing in full 4K, just this problem rendering, i should have uploaded to our channel yesterday.

thanks for any help

-0-0-

Just tried 10.10 and still the same.

I am trying 10.17 now.

I noticed our camera was in 4k 60fps, and on this camera that is not true 4K, 3200c1800. but all clips play fine on the pc with no issues in playback what so ever.

I am using the auto match setting (3200x1800) but already tried this in my previous attempts without luck.

Your comments have been consolidated into this single thread - for best attention.

Some AMD hardware conflicts have been reported.  This beta version may cure the issue.  Give it a try.  But keep in mind that betas may have undiscovered glitches.

It's surpirsing that 10.10 didn't do the job, as the architecture in that version differs from the latest releases.

There's never a mandate to update.  If what you have is working well stick with it.  New releases can always be test driven to see what they offer.  Give them time to prove themselves.  Just retain your purchased installer and registration info.

If the beta version fails to solve the problem, please share your project so the developers can have a look.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thanks Borate for the reply, yes it is very strange and never had this type of problem before.

The reason for taking the updates is because i was hoping to have a better experience during editing, several versions before i would get buffering and other normal issues others experience............ Like i said the latest version was a dream in editing!!, what have you done. i know my computer spec is 'ok' no rocket ship but always been good enough, i even tried proxies but the last update was great. Just this issue rendering, i am waiting for the last version to render now but am expecting it to fail as have done this all day today, rendered about 15 different variants and still no joy.

Shall try your suggested beta version if no luck.

P.s i am not a fan of google in anyway so do not ever use the versions you gave me, can i get the files to you in another way, i have no problem it being public, it is for our youtube channel............. i am very late posting anyway and this isn't helping.

The video is half an hour and about 8GB.

thanks again

The beta version offered is from the NCH server - nothing to do with Google.

Videopad 64-bit recently debuted, with better handling of high-def and complex, lengthy content.  Perhaps that is the release that you got.  Whether you get the 32-bit or 64-bit version at the NCH download site is hit or miss, as they are phasing in the 64-bit.  When the dowload link is moused over, if it doesn't list "64-bit", then you will get the 32.  In VP, click the MENU (top-left) then HELP | ABOUT.   Same thing there.

Also, beginning with very recent versions, the architecture has been upgraded to better utilize GPU for en/decoding, which can speed things up.

The AMD conflict is a separate issue that is being addressed.  If that beta release doesn't solve it for you please do share the project.  It will get fixed.  And someone here may even crank out a good export for you to d/l.

i know the NCH beta software is nothing to do with google.......... i meant the google drive, i dont support google in anyway so i dont use their products.

I have a registered version of videopad and it offers me updates, i just clicked update.

Right last render just finished, 10.17 has given me a 2K version that seems ok, only skipped though it but no strobing.

I really don't feel me sticking with an older version when a new better version is available is really fair, as suggested. I paid for a program with 6 months of updates, why should i not take advantage of what i purchased with available updates and have the program work as smoothly as many other similar software's available, some for free, like i said videopad's latest update was what i would expect from any video editing software i have to purchase, smooth editing, not top of the line but useable smooth editing, without hangs etc.

I mean i have spent a whole day on this, 4 times longer than editing and many re-instals, a lot of work considering the last version i had 3 days ago worked fine, since my update yesterday i have had to make several re-instals to much earlier versions before the bug was corrected and i actually got my smooth video rendered.

glad to have it done but getting a bit fed up with the wasted hours to be honest....... just being honest

thanks

There's no 2K release of VP, only 32- or 64-bit.  Here's the latest 64 in which the AMD conflict may not yet be resolved.  It will be in time.

The best way to keep up on progress is to frequent this forum.

While it can be prudent to delay updating if all is working well, it's the user's choice.  Reversion to the purchased version is always an option.

I meant i rendered a 2K version of my video (original clips were 4K), sorry probably could have worded it better. thanks for the link i will try it out later when i edit our Part2.

Could you tell me what you think is the best/latest version for my computer, obviously i know i will have to try it to see if works well. Just the improvement you guys had made to the editing side of it in the latest version (i think 10.24)(i looked at 'about' in videopad, showed 10.24 but not what bit32/64 it was) was very good, no buffering etc made editing painless and that to me makes editing so much quicker and as we try to upload videos weekly i use it very often.

I am more than happy to send you my video if it helps you guys bug fix it, i just don't use google products, like drive. but then this sounds like what your saying is it's an AMD issue rather than the video files themselves? so i guess the video files wont help you much anyway?

Thank you for the quick replies

There's not necessarlly a best version for a specific PC and en/decoding iimprovements have been applied to both the 32- and 64-bit incarnations.  The link above will get you the latest 64-bit.  As noted earlier, that's a good choice for complex, very high-def, lengthy projects.  And here's the 32.   The 32-bit beta version is linked in an earlier reply, and may incorporate the AMD fix.

Seeing your project can help developers track down issues.  No need to use Google;  any server will do.  MS OneDrive offers free storage up to 5GB.

I was referring to my PC being AMD and which one did you think is better, i take it from what you have said that is likely to be the 32 bit version?... can you tell me, what is the difference of 32-64bit in the software.

Also I assume you would like a copy of the strobing video and not the one i got to render ok??

And unfortunately the smallest video file of the video is 6.8GB so it is too big for ONEDRIVE

Thanks again

Here's insight into the 32- vs 64-bit.  New is not always better, until often obscure quirks have been spotted and corrected.

Yes, the project that does not export well is what's needed.  Or perhaps a small section that exports poorly.

After doing the ususal Save AS, split out and delete all but that section, then follow the back up and share procedure.

I too have the strobing issue on output videos regardless of length, resolution or type.

AMD Ryzen5 3400G, 12Gb RAM, Windows 10 fully updated.

I reinstalled from latest version to 10.18 which seems to have resolved the problem.

Good to know you are on top of this issue. I have been using your excellent products for quite a few years and frequently recommend them to others. I will monitor this thread and when the issue is resolved will re-upgrade as appropriate.