Images not exported

Bob Cory

I import a load of images and they display perfectly as a video and act as a video.

But when I export I get a tiny little file that ends in .mp4 but is NOT a video

It used to work most of the time but (ie I have turned inages into an exported video in the past) but now it TOTALLY refuses to work

My guess is that if I restart my laptop from scratch it MAY work but that should not be necessary and is a huge pain

-0-0-

Just restarted laptop and still not working

And when I try to reverse the video as a test it totally disappears

Clearly a bug ... I am a programmer by background so I sympathise but as a user this creates a big problem for me

I can send you images and copies of the duff files created if that helps ...

Update

I have just imported a video, turned it into images and then imported the images and that DOES create a valid video. So, for some reason, your software does not like my images!

• borate changed the title to Images not exported (Cory)

What version of Videopad is being used?  Much has changd since the 6.x releases mentioned in the original thread that you referenced.

Please install the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Let's have a look at a project that balks.  Someone will come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

I am using version V10.18 - paid for!

As for the rest of your instructions I am totally baffled

I can email something to you or FTP it but as for using Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc I have not got a clue where to start

Public Link? What?

The posts to the 2018 old thread are consolidated here.

If you have any Google or Microsoft account, you can use their free servers, per the instructions above.  Or sign up for an account.  Here's the info...

https://www.google.com/intl/en_ng/drive/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/onedrive/online-cloud-storage

A project is normally too big for mailing.  It's the project FOLDER that needs to be uploaded and linked here (or in a private Personal Message via the envelope at the top of this forum).

Just follow the instructions above carefully and we'll be able to analyse the issue.  Befre starting, have the full project on the timeline, playing just as you want to see it when exported.

Your FTP site will work just as well, as long as the link you provide is publicly accessible.

Click Videopad's MENU (top-left).  Click FILE | BACK UP PROJECT TO A FOLDER.  Choose a folder for the back up.  The result will be a numbered/dated folder.

Individual files are not needed.

Upload that folder to your server.  Get a link and post it here, so others can access and download the folder.

Done that but directory listing is not permitted

HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden

The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

But the folder only seems to contain a tiny .isq file which lists the photos when I look inside using a Hex Editor ... or are there other hidden files?

That's too bad.  Right-click the back-up folder.  Click PROPERTIES.  What is shown as its size?

Google and MS are essentially FTP servers and are relatively easy to set up and use.  If you get the time to follow through we'll be here for you.

10.4 KB (10,664 bytes)

I have just tried some other images and they worked!

The images that do NOT work are actually in ARGB format so instead of each pixel taking up 24 bits, these are 32 bit pixels so that may be the problem?

So the bitmap file is 1024 X 577 and total file size of 2,363,446

1024 X 577 X 4  = 2,363,392 with a header of 54 as per usual.

Update

Some of the 32 bit pixel files work so back to square one

-0-0-

Right!

I think I have (maybe) solved this problem

The images that don't turn into a video file are of different sizes (because I have run them through a program I am writing that rotates them and does stuff)

Once I made them all the same size it worked so that may well be the problem ... maybe tell your programmers so if that is the problem they can tell people as the images are input (or just reprocess them to the same size)

UPDATE

Have tried a lot of examples and am almost certain that importing different sized images screws up the Video export ...

Videopad can handle mixed-size and A/R images, but sometimes adjustments are necessary, such as applying an aspect ratio effect.

The only way folks can see what you see is if you upload a project that has mixed images and will not export correctly.

• borate changed the title to Images not exported