Trouble Loading Files

KeithatSibford

I have a large video file (MEPEG-4 Movie  mp-4) on my hard drive (214GB) which is made up of a number of individual home videos down loaded from a DVD. When I add the file to the video file box on the editing screen only the first video (4’48”) appears in the box.  When I go back to the original files, they all play straight through from the beginning.  I can find no way of getting the other videos onto the editing screen.  Has anyone any thoughts please?  - Keith

Hi

Do you mean that the large mp4 video is 214 GB? If so that is a quite a size! :o  How did you produce the mp4 file from the DVD?

DVDs (single sided) are usually 4.7 GB and a video would be around 2hrs long so 214 GB must refer to something else (Your hard Drive) or did you mean you "grabbed" the films from a VHS tape straight to your PC in which case the file might be larger?

Although large,  VP should be able to load a big mp4 although I think it might struggle when it comes to editing.

Anyway..If you did use a a DVD and still have it place it in the PC drive and "Explore" it. Initially you should see a VIDEO_TS folder and an AUDIO_TS  folder. The Audio folder will be empty. Open the VIDEO_TS folder and you should see a number of VOB files.......

zz.jpg

These can be saved to a folder on the PC and dragged as required to the VP clip bin  and treated as smaller clips. It should enable you to edit and export the individual  home movies. However even in the commercial DVD here (95 mins) the VIDEO_TS file is only around 4 GB.

Nat

Following up on Nat's observations, are you dealing with VOB files from a DVD that were then converted to mp4?  How was that done?

What version of Videopad is being used?  Test the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If problems persist, please upload the mp4 to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  Using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

Be sure that the file size doesn't exceed your server allocation.

Thank you for these replies.  I now realise that the file size is 2.14GB, I put the point in the wrong place!  

The files were converted from the DVD using the VLC 'convert/save' file in the media window and play using VLC media player without any poblem.

My version is V8.97

I have uploaded the file to OneDrive but when I hit share it asked me for an email address. Sorry to be a bit slow, you will have to forgive me; I can use commercial programmes but may stuggle with other things. I have tried to put in some screen shots but can't find a way of doing this - nothing on the bar above.

There should be no need for an address.  Just click UPLOAD | FILE.  When done, right-click it, click SHARE and then COPY.  Paste the copied link here..

Stills won't help - we need to see the file that won't load.  But images can be linked here, using the same process.  Pics won't display until the link is clicked, and invokes a viewer like VLC.

Do test your load with the latest version.  But bear in mind that it will likely be unlicensed and have some limitations.  Retain the 8.97 installer and registration, if any.