Audio Pop on Crossfade Exported Videos

plastic_candles

I recently upgraded from v8 videopad to v10. I have an issue when applying a crossfade to video clips.

Whenever the crossfade is applied (default settings, also applies to audio), it sounds and works fine in Videopad. Once exported, there is a noticeable audio pop at every crossfade.

Is this something the bug team is aware of? This didn’t occur on my version 8 and only started happening once I upgraded. The issue has to be in the export process because there is nothing wrong in the Videopad file.

Not hearing clicks here, using this version.  Give it a test.  If clicks persist...

Share your project.  Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thank you, but this did not fix it. Did you also export the video?

The audio sounds fine in Videopad. The pop sound only shows up in the exported video. I will get you the videopad file shortly if you cannot replicate the problem.

In all 4 videos I’ve made since updating to v10 this has occurred once exported. 

At normal playback volume, the 15 result is barely audible.   As is, the low-gain source files strike me as being at a reasonable BG level.

Perhaps your sound system is cranked up to compensate, leading you astray.

VP volume can be lowered by moving the slider at the left of the audio track.   image.png

Tested an export using version 8.45.  The 15% setting still had a pop at about :55 - and likely others.  Export was much quicker with v10x.