Exported Video Keeps Freezing

ShadowShot

Hi guys,

I have been using Videopad since October 2020 and loved it so far. However I am now running into a problem where my exported video consistently freezes in the same spot. This happens regardless of how many times I export it. The video consistently freezes just for 1 clip in the sequence, although audio continues just fine. And when viewing the preview it plays completely normally as it should. It is only on export that this problem arises. 
Please help!

Has that clip been reversed?  Upgrade to the current version and see if that solves the issue.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

What are your PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/free space on C:\?

A reverse test here slowed export during the clip but the result had no freeze.  Upload that file please, so someone can check it out.  Use a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  Using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

In the interim, click the + sign to the right of the Sequence 1 tab, to create a new blank Sequence 2.  Drop the non-reversed clip from the BIN into that sequence.  Reverse it.  Export the sequence.

Now return to Sequence 1.  Right-click the original reversed clip and choose REPLACE CLIP from the drop-down menu.  Windows Explorer (the file manager) will open.  Locate the clip that you just saved and double-click on it.  Now you should find that export goes much faster, without a hitch.

At every step, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

The VPJ control file by itself is of no use.  Here's what you need to do so we can check out the project.  Just follow the four easy steps closely...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

There were two tiny gaps, which could be seen in Storyboard mode and excised.

There was .014 of 'garbage' between the two reversed clips that froze.  It too could be spotted in Storyboard mode and deleted.  Back in timeline mode, at the same spot, two text overlays - visible as a thin, black line - were also deleted by placing the cursor on them and pressing DEL.

As for the freeze, the best bet is to pre-produce each effected clip.  Use a new project and trim a single clip to contain only the desired content.  Then apply the reversal and speed change.  Do this for each clip, and export each independently at 1280x720 resolution.

Open the project and replace the original clips with the pre-produced ones.  NO further reversal or speed change is needed, so export will be swift.

Please leave your project link live for a week or so, in case a develop wants to access it.