Sound Clips processing.........please wait.

Colorado

Hello............I am new to Video Pad and just downloaded latest version.  I have a 30 min movie I put together, but the audio portion of the videos has yet to process and play. When I try to export video........I get this loop......Sound Clips processing.............please wait.  I have had it going for a couple hours and it does not process.  I did clear the cache as suggested in another post.  Still no help.   Can someone advise?

Is yours the 32- or 64-bit release?  Click the MENU item (top-left), then HELP | ABOUT to see.

What is the format of the source files:  mp4, mov, mkv, etc.?

Take a few minutes to share the project and someone will come up with a solution.  It's easy and can be private.  Just follow these four simple steps closely...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thanks for the quick response.

When I go to Help/About......it just shows me version 10.18.........no indication of 32 or 64 bit release.  File format for the source files are:  wmv and mpg.

I will send the link if needed, but it's taking it's time backing up project files to folder.  

That's a stretch.  If a segment of the project has the same issue, you might upload that instead.  Be sure the server has enough free space to accommodate.

Are any of those files stabilized?

And don't forget to Save Project As, to protect against loss.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1F9CDW3AHYKYz1qByMbqc4KKtvHDBfQ9Z?usp=sharing

This link may work better.

I removed that clip and still having problems.  Is it because I have so many clips.   I think I counted 21 (575 mb).  I noticed I have left PC on for a few hours and I'm seeing some audio clips that weren't loaded previously.  I'll leave PC on all night and see if it loads.  "Processing Sound Clips.......Please wait" continues.  If that fails.........I can retry with 1 video at a time and see if that works.

Use the 64-bit version. 

Processing should take no longer than a few minutes.  If it does, then something is definitely amiss. 

There are 19 files missing.  Back up only after all project clips are on the timeline.  Or, as an alternative, upload the 19 missing files.  Click on the link that you most recently provided, then attempt to load the project and you will see a list of those missing files.  You can upload the files individually or zip them and upload the resulting folder.

Upload the file/s to the server, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here.

I am using the 64 bit version.  All my video files have a green check mark.  Does that mean they are stabilized?  I can play the video.....no sound though.  I get a message....”one or more sound clips are still processing.  You will not hear these clips until processing finishes”.  I click OK.  Sorry....I’m new at this. 

We'll get to the bottom of the issue.  No, the green mark denotes that a clip is being used in the project - nothing to do with stabilizing.

DO upload the files as suggested or, better still, the entire project as fully displayed on the timeline.  It's about the only way to sleuth this out and learn which clip/clips may be causing the problem.

If the upload is truly 22.9GB, that hints that a file in the project is exceptionally large - and likely faulty.

It's likely that you will get the same result, as some source files may be bad.  Don't know how long your project is, but 22GB is way above the usual.

Unless you have paid for extra Google storage space the upload will not succeed.  Free space is 15GB.

OK............I'm trying to simplify this and get to the root of the problem.  I started a new project using a file that I know is good.  It's 1.16 GB.  I took a 1 minute clip from the film and get the same exact problem mentioned above (Sound Clips processing ....Please wait).  The video plays.........but no sound.  I have approx 35 GB of movies which I wanted to edit to a 20 minute clip.  Am I trying to do too much where the system can't handle this?  I'm confused as to why the video seems to load quickly, but the sound does not.  I am attaching link.  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UYjYuJwP0Ixf6IW9Qnx4ptWUfS-Fw0U5?usp=sharing

There is something odd about several of your MPG files.  Media Info reports that the one linked above is 26:46.  However, when the source file is moused-over in Windows it's shown to be 12 hours and 44 minutes long.  That may be an irrelevant reporting error??  Nonetheless, it loads in VP and immediately plays audio in the normal manner.  Why that's not the case for you is a mystery. Then there was the earlier SkyDiving video that is corrupt.  Hopefully, you downloaded the repaired file linked earlier.

On the off-chance that there has been VP file corruption, please try this...

Close Videopad.  Using Windows Explorer (the file manager) delete all files in these folders.  Then, reinstall Videopad.

"C:\Users\<PC name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"  (or similar path without the X86)

The files that you deleted will be reinstalled automatically.

Asking any editor to load 35GB of content is not practical, IMO.  One thought on how this might be handled is to load only a few files at a time, complete editing and then export.  They become a composited clip - no individual edits.  Later, when this has been done for all clips, bring them into VP and merge them together for the final export

And that Pascale project you provided earlier - what there was of it without the 19 missing files - also loaded correctly.  No problem with audio.

What are your PC's specs:  CPU/GPU adapter/free space on the C:\ drive?  Video editing is resource intensive.