VP 64bit, a pleasant surprise!

takis

I own some versions of VP, and from time to time I have been critical regarding actual bugs and "what I consider as bugs", that being weird choices made by the programmers.

I have whined about delays on exit, repetitive parts of audio, etc. And of course, last but not least,  the leftward "magnetism" of the track editor...

And just when I gave up and accepted my fate, NCH hit me with a new 64bit version!

I couldn't resist to download and install the beta over my official version. And what I expected to be a test, proved to be a pleasant surprise!

Whoa my friends! It is fast, starts faster, loads faster and exits in a blink without errors!

Bravo to the programmers, looking forward to the official 64bit release!

On 2/28/2021 at 4:13 AM, borate said:

Wait no longer...  https://www.nchsoftware.com/download/videopadsetup64.exe

Official release, being phased in.  Under the hood, significant changes that better utilize GPU, for faster response.

Give it a thorough workout and report any glitches.

Here is something to be looked at:

Everything works fine, the project plays perfectly while still in the editor, BUT when I render the project I get a video "flicker". It happens randomly, in several places inside the final video file.

I made a small project portable just for you to reproduce. I also include the rendered file that I get, just in case the problem cannot be reproduced in your computers.

Contact me for anything more that you might need,

Regards

Thanks for sharing the project.  Untitled 1 looks lousy yet here, using default settings, the export was lossless (took but a few seconds) and flawless.

What video card/adapter is in use there, and what are the other PC specs:  CPU/RAM/free space on C:?

What were your export settings?

16 minutes ago, borate said:

Thanks for sharing the project.  Untitled 1 looks lousy yet here, using default settings, the export was lossless (took but a few seconds) and flawless.

What video card/adapter is in use there, and what are the other PC specs:  CPU/RAM/free space on C:?

What were your export settings?

Untitled 1 is what I get when I render the project.

I cannot exclude a local compatibility problem, however I must say that the problem appears to other projects of mine as well, while it does not appear with my v8.77 32bit version.

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core

Installed RAM: 8GB

Hard disks: VP is installed on 500GB SSD (100.2GB free), while CASH files are stored on a separate HD 1TB (752GB free)

Video card: Radeon RX560

Export settings are default for 720p. I experimented here with various settings, but the problem is the same.

The export indeed takes a few seconds, but the produced video is flickering. I also tried to change transitions etc inside the editor, but it doesn't make any difference...

I don't know if it is related, but at a point the program asked approval for an encoder file from NCH, which of course I accepted. But still the same problem.

Maybe is something else, I do not know...

OK, I tried your suggestions:

1) Mp4 re-encoding does not appear to solve the problem, still flickers.

2) The 10.12_64 version works fine! It took triple the time to render though, but produced video is flawless! No flicker at all!

I rendered 2-3 times to be sure... V10.12_64 is OK.

Hi Takis,

Thanks for reporting issues to us and sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please try out the 32 bit build for v10.16?

Update:

We couldn't reproduce the flickering using your project.

Could you please also try use the debug build below and export the project?

It will generate a trace log file in: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\trace_VideoPad.txt

Please also check your PM for my email address.

Thank you.