Video and sound out of sync how to fix?

Photo_Bomb

Hello I am new to these forums so if this has already been answered please direct me to the post but if not well here is my problem. I have recorded some footage and put it into VideoPad but the sound is out of sync with the video, I would be fine with this if the video it self was out of sync but when I just play the raw footage it is in perfect sync.  So far I have concluded that it must be something wrong with VideoPad. If there is a way to fix this in the settings or something please inform me and if you are having the same problem feel free to post as well. Thanks and have a great day.

What version of VP is being used?  (Look at the left-bottom of the window).  Try the latest.   For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If the issue persists share a file or two that is out of sync.  It's easy to do, takes little time and can be private.  Someone will analyse it and come up with a fix.

Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.

Using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

• 2 weeks later...

Photo_Bomb yes I too have that problem and have updated in past.  Problem goes away.  I'm not sure it isn't designed into UPDATES. :(  Well no fix other than update and pony up for more $$$.  Sorry I'm looking elsewhere NCH.  One time payment should be one time payment.  Once bitten twice shy. @Photo_Bomb even monkeying with the shutter speed did not "Fix" the problem for me.  @borate what makes the latest work when older was working fine up until a week or so ago after release of NEWER VERSIONS?  Hmmmm

You can always revert to the purchased version, and there's that six-month update-for-free window.  No mandate to update if everything works well.

What's the "shutter speed" you're referring to and what type of files are out of sync?  Does it show up on the timeline or only after export?

What version is being used?  Newer releases do not affect the performance of older versions.