Reading DVD movie disc audio problems

Russ Croucher

I am using video and 10.16 to read a DVD movie disc.  It contains five .VOB files.  Two of the 5 files have no audio.  So I decided figure out what version caused the problem.  The last version that works perfectly is 8.97.  So I have decided to switch back to that version until this problem can be fixed.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

I have tried the beta version 10.17 by dropping the entire DVD which includes 5 VOB files in the video.  For some reason doing two of the files have no audio.  So I started backing up on the versions until 8.97 works fine.  So until this problem is solved. I will stick with 8.97.  As a software guy I know that we fix things and break other things not realize it.

"borate" can you get someone in your support people to respond to my question in "pixillion" thread about a question about 16-bit TIF files.  I can't get an answer if it can convert 16-bit TIF files are not working because all my outputs are a 8-bit TIF and nobody seems to be responding.

-0-0-

I'm sticking to 8.97 for now

• 2 months later...

Recently I have updated to the latest version of 10.43 and now going back and copying DVD that have evolved files again the audio problem has cropped up again.  So I go back to version 8.97 and works great.  So do have a beta version I can try to see if this is fixed?

Now that I use Microsoft dropbox for sharing files is or anything I can do to help get this resolved?  I have no issues with version 8.97.

Restart Videopad.  Before loading anything, go to OPTIONS | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.

Click the MEDIA tab and UNcheck the box that reads "Automatically normalize audio volume of external audio / video files."

Load your VOB.  Plays fine here in 10.43.

A fix for this should be forthcoming.

SUCCESS!

Clearing that option with the cache file allows the audio file to work.  However, 10.43 seems to have a lower audio amplitude than the 8.97 that I was working with.  8.97 seemed to be about 80% audio level.  However with that new option unchecked and the latest version I'm only about receiving 25% audio level.  Is that something I can change easily?

I also had one DVD with 8.97 that all of the VOB files were 80% audio level and one VOB file was only 25%.  So I'm going to redo that entire DVD with the latest version with that box unchecked and will all be at 25% volume level for the entire DVD.