Speech recognition

Marco Porlier

Speech to text requires a SAPI speech-to-text engine to be installed on your computer. Most Windows machines already have it installed. You can also install software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking or any other engine which claims SAPI compliance.

Speech Recognition is slow and takes some time. Test it with a short file first.

We recommend you use a work-ahead system (ie. proof one file while waiting for speech-to-text of another).

For information on setting up Speech to Text, please follow the directions in https://www.nch.com.au/scribe/kb/657.html

Thank you for your answer. You talk about testing the speech recognition with a short file. You say also to proof one file while waiting for speech-to-text of another. Does it mean that I put a text in Express scribe and the system put the written text into speech ? My question was to know if it is possible to speak to the system instead of submitting a text and have what we said transformed into text. You say that speech-to-text requires SAPI speech-to-text engine and that most Windows computers already have it installed. How can verify if my computer has this engine ? Thank you for your attention. Marco Porlier